Hog Roll Barrel

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ratdog, What are you doing over here, I was waiting for part 3 of your Alaska story! You get back to writing. lol

Takin' a break and havin' me some dinner. Now, hush up and get back to work on that thing and showin' us how you're puttin' it to use. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will implement the new toy this weekend. Archery starts Saturday and I have a morning appt., I guess I will set up hog baits and hunt the evening. I think I read in the regs that you can not have a bow with broadheads and a rifle at the same time. That is an issue I will have to deal with. I have more hogs than deer.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Put a cam on video for a week after filling the pipe and just watch them go

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Poke a piggy wit' a stick !

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a camera I can move to the new spot. Should be fun. And Ratdog, I like shooting hogs with a bow but where I hunt it is so thick , they are untraceable. I have lost probably 8 of the last 12 hogs I shot there. I have found alot of remains afterwards. Anyhoot, shooting them with a bow is like throwing arrows away. Not sure what's cheaper, arrows or 45-70's? I need a flame thrower of some sort.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... .45-70's probably cheaper to feed per shot.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a pop-up blind set up by a tank. There is a cot in there for all night adventures that turn into all night naps much of the time, with my 22 cal pelletgun in the corner and a compound bow hanging from the ceiling so the critters don't eat it. Then I carry my 22 pistol on my side, 45-70 and longbow for the tree. Have my 270 rigged up in case something goes wrong. Maybe too many choices. Going back to an atlatl and loin cloth.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey frank..... Do you use dry corn or wet corn more? I figure if it sits long enough around here it will end up as wet corn anyway

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dry, only, will not come out wet. If it gets wet I take the bung hole cap off and let them empty it.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was my only worry. I may put a screw on cap on the side of my pipe to open up

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is the ultimate pig feeder. I did this for my potbelly pig so I could keep his feed up off the ground and dry when ut was raining and I could leave for a day or 2 and not worry about feeding him. Coffee can screwed to a tree and holes cut out low. The only real issue is that he likes hitting the can so much, he will do it until it is gone. Even when there is plenty food on the ground he keeps hitting it just because he likes to. I designed some for 5 gallon buckets and sell them on craigslist. Raccons of course think they are the bomb, giant food producing toy.IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Reduce the size of the holes and it will take them much longer. She looks like it is a fun game to her!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The holes in the big bucket were there because I make a thick concoction of corn and protein feeds, the raccoons actually have to reach in and pull it out which seems to be helpful, I have one bucket has been out for a month and still has a 1/2 gallon left in it. Stinks bad.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh yeah wet you have to do that...I think I have an x wife that probably smells that bad...

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's not funny. I went out to the Gulf fishing 2 days ago and blew chum 3 times. My stomach is still a bit weak.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's not funny. I went out to the Gulf fishing 2 days ago and blew chum 3 times. My stomach is still a bit weak.
So? Greasy pork chop recipes wouldn't be your #1 choice at present? Had spaghetti last night.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A little warm goats milk with a stray hair in it

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Clam chowder to thicken things up a bit?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually, I don't think I will eat bacon and egg breakfast tacos again for a while....bacon coming back up through your nose is not real comfy... should have chewed my food better. lol