ATN X-Sight

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am just guessing here, but given the fact that they have not allowed the preproduction release units (such as used by ScottCountry) to have a reticle and given that Sachal on AR15 reports that the first units will not have the continuous zoom (what they called "smooth" zoom) but will instead have a stepped progression zoom (8 steps or so), my guess is that they are not able to keep the reticle from shifting position during the zoom process, "reticle shift" being a problem previously for ATN and several other companies.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am fine w stepped zoom for no reticle shift.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, and that is what they are going to have initially, apparently, 8 steps or so - according to Sachal over on AR15. The claim is that you will be able to upgrade it later to continuous zoom with a firmware update.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how many days does it take to show the day footage? looks to me their thinking about the customer is the last thing on their mind!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank it seems to me they got a little ahead of themselves. I'm sure they had every intention of having them sold by now. Pre releasing info is always a gamble and this is a gamble they lost.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Todd, you are right, however their actions along the way, the lies, the lack of concern, the liaise fare attitude getting the video out tells me they have serious problems and people need to be fired..I would be glad to move in and do that for them! ATN will be the last company I look at after this.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree with you Frank. A lot of companies TALK about customer service, but when the chips are down and there's a problem, they just leave you dangling and guessing about what is happening the really good ones are conscientious about keeping you informed and ultimately you don't mind the wait because you don't feel jerked around.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I met Sachal at the AR15.com tactical pajama party where NV was demo'd in Rockwall. He said they were trying to improve their CS image that he acknowledged had been less than stellar in the past. Unfortunately, I don't think the X-sight nonsense has done this. I cancelled my order. I can see no reason to deal with ATN, their products or people.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I had more money to spend I would be doing the same Brian. ATN is a huge FAIL, I now have them deleting my comments on their FB page.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, because you have been a naughty boy and not played by their rules. That, and they may be figuring out that their publicity campaign has gone south.

FYI, Cabela's is now saying...

Availability:
Backordered
Estimated Ship Date in 11-12 weeks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There are few comments good, but mine may have cut too much asking for them to be fired for a massive FAIL!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did, and thank goodness my order is under my real name...lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ATN has officially screwed the pooch on this one

The latest update from Tech Eyes, my comments at the bottom: "We are contacting you to update you on your ATN X-Sight Pre Order. As of today ATN is expected to ship these in November and as before it is just a simple update there is NO FIRM dates as of right now for anyone in the industry. It seems that software is the leader in this problem and sometimes software can take much longer than expected. Sorry we do not have better information for you at this time but we are always here to take your questions, comments and concerns." "It has also come to my attention that some customers may feel that more needs to be done from Tech Eyes and we are doing everything in our power to ease this as much as possible. We initially knew there could be some delays so this is why we offered the "Pre Order" Discount, We will be raising prices back to full price ($599, $699) once the unit is stocked. If you feel that the discount and the hat are not up to par we are accepting letters of complaint directed towards ATN to get a little more out of them. ATN is doing their best on this and to ask for much more out of such a revolutionary cheap Night Vision riflescope is a little unfair but respectable

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I received this email this afternoon too. At least I can count on getting an email from someone every couple of months...

Smitty

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ATN responded

ATN Night VisionHi Phil, We are still on track to start shipping in October. While we cannot comment on other companies emails or social media posts, we would assume that they are factoring in ship time from us to them and then their processing time. Additionally, we will be shipping on a “First in First out” order basis so some time is probably allotted for this as well on their ends. We hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On track to start shipping? I have to wonder about this. It seems like they would be filling orders if they actually had all the bugs worked out. So that probably has not happened yet.

They have been on track to start shipping every month since April.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well i have not dropped money yet. If I have a broken unit they have 2 weeks to fix it, there are no excuses as I will make their life miserable on the internet without clear and concise communication... at least this is not several thousands of dollars that is the only peace I have.