ATN X-Sight

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has anyone looked into these? I need to get something for my 6.8 I built. I don't know much about nv so any info would be helpful. This is in my price range.

Bill

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Several people here have pre-paid for the x sight but they have not been released for sale yet. We assume they are working out bugs, we will have some reviews here soon as they are out.

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I am thinking about preordering but wanted to see what you guys that know about nv thought about it. Is it worth the extra $120 for the 5-18?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am in for one, pre-ordered since April! 3x12 here

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If it gets released and it is everything the specs say it is then it will definitely be the best bang for your buck nv set up and then some. I have a digisight n750 and it's great but the specs on it aren't as good as the specs on this one and the digisight's price point is much higher. Personally I would hold out for the 3x one as a hog hunter. As a coyote/varmint hunter- the 5x might be better???

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With a wider field of view leading running hogs will be easier. Just spotting them will be easier with a wider field of view and you still have 12x. Unless it's a full moon or you have a good illuminator like the Luna I don't see anyone using the 12x much. I killed a boar tonight at 125-150 yards but he would never stop. The norm for night hunting is well within 100 yards. There are some that like to take longer shots but why when you can get closer and well improve your odds for a clean kill.

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pre-ordered the 3-12 also. August was the last earliest delivery date I've seen.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
who are we pre-ordering from?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tyler @ www.UltimateNightVision.com

I have had 1 ATN rep tell me an illuminator will be included and another say they are not sure.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I had mine ordered since April 2nd. I personally would go with the 5x. I have my Pulsar N750 at 4.5x and sometimes use the digital zoom for shots, even at 70 yards.

I just got a 5x Armasight Zeus and happy I went with the 5x. Field of view is fine for anything I would encounter. Sure, a group of hogs at 20 yards it would be better with the 3x, how often is that?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am one of those folks and I am not particularly happy about it. I even spoke with the ATN regional sales rep., Sachal Baig at the AR15 nv pajama party event and he was saying mid June for the 5x and mid July or the 3x and this was in May. Dates are all over the calender and depending on who you speak with at ATN will determine what date you get and there is a definite lack of consensus.

I could not care about some of the features, but if it has the clarity of image claimed at the Shot Show and does record (along with holding zero, of course) then it will fit my needs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OH I am not happy w ATN at all with my April delivery date...Now I worry about getting the first batch with a troubled product and having to send it back for revisions as much trouble as they have had getting it out. So far NO videos showing clarity or performance and that my friend is a red flag!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had one at UNV but never filled the order. Now it looks like the pre-order time is up.

maybe they are close to being delivered?????

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yes indeed

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been watching this as well ... but don't have the money at the moment to dedicate to one of these should they come available. Tech Eyes still has the preorder pricing of just over $500 available for the 3-12x version.

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been watching this as well ... but don't have the money at the moment to dedicate to one of these should they come available. Tech Eyes still has the preorder pricing of just over $500 available for the 3-12x version.

$629 on the ATN site.