ATN X-Sight

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not really unicorns, but more like pixies. Unicorns cost more.

What ATN promised was not unreasonable for the price promised given current technology commercially available. The problem is that they could not deliver.

As for the CS, it has always sucked.

If ATN does pull a pixie out of its butt and this works, they are going to capture a lot of the market that has otherwise gone largely unexploited by the NV community. They will end up making a lot of money despite the delays and probably capitalize on the delay as a "worth the wait" positive factor in their advertising. If it doesn't work, ATN will piss off that largely unexploited market and lose a lot of business.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Other than to you guys I will not give a review except privately, I will not help them make a $

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
whatever happens, January should be a very x-sighting time for night vision and especially thermal

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
shot show

that is when lots of good stuff is announced.

some of it is real, some of it is never going to happen

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, every year is exciting at the shot show. I thought you were making some specific comment because of the way you spelled exciting, matching that of the X-sight, as if something special was going on in January with the X-sight. As you can see, they are still haven't troubles getting their act together...

dfwroadkill posted this on THF. Another bombshell amazing video from the the cutting edge folks at ATN.

It is a raccoon at the unheard of distances of 25-30 yards with the IR illuminator offset from the scope. Short range performance isn't exactly what people are looking for, but that is what they have to show, still with no crosshairs.

From the video's caption...

Published on Oct 14, 2014

ATN recently went on a weekend night time hunt with the X-Sight 5-18x but game was scarce. Unfortunately, the only game the ATN team was able to see was this raccoon, which was filmed with the following particulars:

ATN X-Sight 5-18x
Magnification: 5x
Mode: Night Mode, Green
Conditions: Full moon with IR.
Raccoon approximately 25-30 yards

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank Brian, funny they did not post on their FB page and I wonder why no daytime footage?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sad really

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey i think the whole thing is vaporware so it was the only question I could think of

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
They posted this also, twilight, full moon, green mode, 100 yards

So, doesn't it record crosshairs?

Last edited:

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
clicked on it from home computer and it says "this video is private"

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
working here

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Go on youtube and search for ATN X-sight if you can't see the video, works from my phone fine

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The video shows as private on both the computer and from my phone, Dave. I did the search for ATN X-sight and I do not find any new videos by ATN. There are the Shot Show videos from earlier this year, the ScottCountry videos, the goofy dude running back and forth video, and the raccoon video.

Need more key words or something to narrow the search.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Something changed. I see private now also.

It's still there, they changed it to private, otherwise it would give a different message.

So apparently they don't want anyone to see it anymore.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
are we sure that that is not what it looks like anyway?