LoneStarBoars Supporter
pics

you know the rules........

;)

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
camera is down but I will tell you about it.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
fair enough

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL @ Dave, you are right!

DFWRoadkill

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Delta, I heard the one at SHOT was a mock-up, did not work at all.

The one at SHOT was an early prototype. It did not have night capabilities, though you could view in daytime. The color was off because I think the filtering was screwed up. But basically, it was just for show.

I'll share a story - I was talking to a fellow at SHOT that was represented as the lead engineer for the project. We were talking about the color, wifi, gps, microwave, tracking radar and maid this thing supposedly had..... I asked about sensitivity at night. He says, "Oh, you can see 200 yards with no illuminator." My mind sort of froze. Huh? He was droning on.... I said, "No wait, you are telling me that this thing will see 200 yards at night, a digital scope, with no illuminator?" He said, "Yes." I replied, " Well, wouldn't that be what you want to share with everyone? I mean, who cares about all this other stuff. You have a digital scope that works with no illuminator in pitch dark out to 200 yards." He just shrugged. I knew something was out of whack at that moment, but it took awhile to really soak in cause I'm old and slow. :D

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DFW, I heard that too! I also heard that a quirk in the technology causes the system to pick up thermal better then thermal sights!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess it all depends on if his 200 yards was full moon or no moon.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
But I want to believe!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
From Sachal, ATN:

"Here is our latest "official" update recently published on our Facebook,
but you guys knew that already
icon_smile_big.gif

"Thank you all for your patience. We are still testing the units before full launch. We are going to share images, videos and test results with you as we go.
The X-Sight 5-18x was at the range this week. Held zero perfectly and the Single shot zero worked exactly as it was supposed to. The hole in zone 7 was first shot.
The 4-5 shots in the bulls eyes were after being zeroed. The one in zone 9 was when we let one of the engineers take a shot.
Mechanical work is complete and bodies are in full production. We have to finish some of the firmware. We currently are fine tuning the colors, optimizing night mode and a few other features prior to official launch.
We are very close.
Expected deliveries are expected to be: 5-18x September, 3-12x October (maybe September)."

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That guy hog rush posted a video for a few hours on Texas hunting forums but ATN made him take it down he has a working version.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yes, some of us seen it before he got spanked and had to take it down. As for working, I wouldn't say that. Yes it was video, no crosshairs, daytime scene, and no other features noted.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Posted today:

Everyone thank you for your patience. We understand that it has been a long time coming but we have some great news. The initial launch firmware is complete on the X-Sights and we are now into full production. We anticipate shipments to start going out to customers mid October.

Videos in both day and night modes will be posted as we film them in the coming days.

Once again thank you for your patience. We can’t wait to start sharing these units with you.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NO, but this is the best I have heard, and videos to follow, if those materialize then the ship date might be real.