Weather

Middy53

LSB Member
Thanks!

At this point, the plan is to leave early Saturday morning, and make it to Jackson, MS, and into Austin late Sunday. We should be in Boerne around 10:30 Monday morning. The movers should be there around 1:00 Monday afternoon. My father-in-law is making the trip with us so I'm glad I'll be driving the UHaul!
Good fly fishing on the Guadalupe below the damn. Nice rainbows are stocked each year.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got some lights back on today. I've been in a hotel the past few days.. saw my apartment complex on the news today. everyone was mandatory evacuated and I'm pretty sure my 1st floor apartment was taking in water. I'm concerned about looting bc my apartment is near the front of the complex and it was being advertised on tv today for quite some time that no one will be there. Too much water is draining in and filling the reservoirs in the area even though the rain stopped. They're releasing the dams and still breaching and spilling over. So they opened the dams to the point that it added additional flooding to the already flooded buffalo bayou that I live very close to which caused the already high water to raise even more at my place. IMG_6889.JPG
This is beltway 8 at IMG_6855.PNG IMG_6853.JPG the exit I take on my way home from work, about 1/3 mile from my home. The water is actually higher now than when the pic was taken due to all the draining water and flooding bayou. We actually pulled that white truck out of the water on Saturday or Sunday right near that sink hole on the way to my place to secure a few things a few hours before that pic was taken. It was on ABC news briefly, but I can't get the link from Facebook to share here.
I am currently at a hotel near the service center I work at. We have been evacuated from our service center and sent back bc they thought the levee was going to break in the reservoir. They have also had us move to a different hotel.
Now I'm going to enjoy this Miller lite and get a few hours sleep. Back at it at 6am. Hopefully my stuff isn't too flooded and or stolen. On the bright and much more important side, everyone in my family are safe and haven't flooded or had to be evacuated. My dog, Miller is also safe.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Stay safe Blake. Hope your things are secure and left alone.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Be careful Blake!! And stay safe. Heck of a picture. Everything down South is drying up. A couple subdivisions still have water but it is going down. 45 is open North and South to the island.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Blake, that really sucks about your place, sorry man.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All shipping has come to a complete halt including mail. Major sorting hubs with the machinery, vehicles and buildings flooded. UPS, Fedex are trying to get back to work but no word as to when at this point. Fuel shortages as far North as Dallas. Going to get interesting very quickly around here. If you all have an extra prayer send them this way for the people and all the little ones out there. There story of a 3 year old clinging to her dead mother in the flood waters ripped me apart!!!

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry Blake, hope you didn't lose any of your stuff...Curly... can't even begin to imagine... just all the horrors going on down there right now are breaking my heart, but that little girl and her mother just broke me down, man

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried to call Buccees most are closed around here so I called a big one and they will not answer. You have to ask questions on the ole innerweb. I asked about fuel. This was their response
"All our stores are either out or very low on fuel, supply is short and waits are long.

We are doing what we can but expect outages everywhere ".

Also called Valero/Corner Store a perky little thing answered and said they were expecting fuel today but they never showed and now they have no idea when they will get fuel. Next door neighbors went to the Krogers today and stated that their place is looking pretty bare and do not know when trucks are coming. Heads up folks STAY SAFE and do not travel unless you need to. One problem I see is those trucks are going to stop in Houston and work their way South, I hope what ever they are trying to get out to people they double it!! Thoughts and Prayers to everyone. If it gets to rough we will head far North or NW and hang out for a week or so and stay out of everyone's way.:)

UPDATE: Kroger trucks are rolling in. They are mostly fully stocked and very busy. Still no fuel??

Last edited:

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad your safe ... this storm is crazy. There is already fuel shortage in Austin!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No shortage in Austin, just a panic. People are rushing the gas stations. Long lines. It's a bad joke. The little gas station in my town has 2 pumps, there were 12 cars in line. The panic and rush is causing stations to run out. Nothing to do with the supply in TX.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No shortage in Austin, just a panic. People are rushing the gas stations. Long lines. It's a bad joke. The little gas station in my town has 2 pumps, there were 12 cars in line. The panic and rush is causing stations to run out. Nothing to do with the supply in TX.

yes ... mean't to say gas stations are out due to panic ; ) Should settle down by next week hopefully.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another update. This morning I saw two fuel trucks and FedEx and UPS trucks are rolling too, not at full force but they are getting out. Things are looking up!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny the kids are in 2 locations in Pearland, S. Houston. No flooding, never lost power, stores are open, some of them are going to work, it is like nothing happened or they are trying to keep us from worrying...Crazy!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HEB and Krogers are stocking up and open other places they are closed. Some places will have water for weeks. Here in Kemah/ League City area a few subdivisions flooded then right across the street no water. Things are drying out and businesses are beginning to open. Schools are not opening until the middle of the month now because so many of them no longer have a place to live until they can get in there and clean up. Everyone is behaving and helping when they can so it is going pretty smoothly considering the magnitude of what has happened.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some numbers are coming out. I am sure these will climb but initially it just gives a peak at the devastation. A couple hundred thousand homes, 300,000 vehicles, and billions of dollars worth of damage. The dollar amount will surpass Katrina. At the convention center and the NRG complex people are already leaving and it seems they did not tear up to much stuff while there. The air guard flew a few thousand from Dickinson out of Galveston to Dallas. I just can't imagine how many tons of debris from homes that is going to be picked up, in a subdivision close to us or down any street it looks like a huge bomb has gone off!! People still driving around and I still do not have a clue as to what they are doing, 45 South to the island was very busy last night and at least in our neck of the woods there is still no gas. We are hoping the trucks show up this weekend. No mail yet but the Fedex truck was at our place yesterday delivering a rotted plant that has been in San Anton for 7 or 8 days.

Last edited:

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Busy helping friends and others mud-out their houses from 6" to 6' of water intrusion. No water in ours - got reaaallll close before it subsided several times. Terrible losses for families, lots of emotional distress, but working through it. Lots of neighbors and others helping!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_6904.PNG IMG_6903.JPG They're saying it'll be another 10-15 days before i can get back home. The Memorial circuit in Houston is still under water and we're working on it from boats.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW Blake!! That is crazy!! Most everyone I know has their house gutted and drying out, some in the Dickinson area have a long way to go. These folks lost everything they had and that is what gets me. Theses people are having to start all over again. On a side note there are a couple of reservoirs that are ran by the corp and I must admit I know a couple people that work for them and there is not one thing I know of that the Corp of Engineers has had their hands on that had turned out right!! This is one intity that should be shut down!!!

Last edited: