Weather

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Drift what town are you in?? To all the FL peeps, please stay safe and check in w us!
Where you going Frank? Staying there?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, am in the panhandle and will be OK IF it turns, might get tropical storm winds and rain but that should be about it. We are ready to stay or leave as I prep the first of every season

Drift

LSB Member
I'm in Avon Park. Corner of Highlands and Polk counties. My kids up in school in Gainesville so she should be better off. I'm home now. Doors all sand bagged in. No one has told us to evacuate. The weather channel has told the coastal counties to evacuate inland to places like Highlands county. Don't know where we would or could go if we were told to evacuate now.
The Walmart shut down about 2 hrs ago.
The computer tells me that we can expect sustained winds of 115 mph (unsure how high gusts will go)
It says 6 million people in Florida can expect to be without power.
All of Florida's Guard has been called up and an additional 30,000 Guardsman nationwide are spinning up.
All in all it's going to be a bit like kissing a donkey...a quite unpleasant experience.
I know I sound a little alarmist.. but 12-14 years ago my brother in Vero Beach died in a hurricane. He was 46 and as the morgue was without power, so they listed it as natural causes and told me to come get him. (Thats a kinda funny/morbid story, as phone and roads and power were out)
We will see.
On a brighter note; if the evacuation of 20 million people from the SouthEast goes well, getting our people out of all the big cities should also work if there is a dust up with North Korea.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Best of Luck Drift, keep your feet dry!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like donkeys.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It would be really hard for me to evacuate. If minor water leak,it could do some major damage if you were not there.
We stayed for Ivan. Post storm the WX was bright and sunny and it took some of my neighbors 3 days to get back home. Meanwhile . . . . their house just sat there. Their stuff scattered about and wet. With trees and limbs on the roof.
That scene in my mind would make it extremely hard to leave.
Best of luck to any and all in the path of this monster storm. Think it through thoroughly before you go . . . OR before you stay. --- pruhdlr

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the gulf coast it is a thing we deal with. Have rode out three or four but will not do it anymore. You just have insurance grab the paperwork and the guns and the woman grabs what she wants and bag it!! Daughters friend in an apt complex in Victoria went to check on the process of fixing the roof that was torn off and what stuff she had left in the apt only to find that the contractors cleaning crew ransacked her place and the apt across the hall leaving the place a mess and doors unlocked and open. People over here experiencing the same thing with crews from out of state being called in. These people are complete POS low life's that take advantage of the situation because they are spineless and that is all they know!! Karma is a BI*^#!!! It is a HUGE mess over here and fixin to be in Florida and the impact is tremendous and reach far down the line, it will take a long while for things to get right!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is better to leave than stay and die. Material things can be replaced over time, life can not and the older you are injuries taken longer to repair!! Physical pain sucks!! mental pain?? Well,,, some time and a few drinks will help with that!!!!:)

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Be Safe over there Frank. Looking like you are on the good side so that is a plus. Best of luck to ya.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks,still waiting for that N turn, has not happened yet!

LSB Active Member
I'm in Tampa starting to get breezy. Generator ready to go and a DVR full of college football games saved up for today. Andrew was my 1st hurricane and that was impressive, but this one might even beat it when it comes ashore. I'm good to go here 22 ft above sea level in a concrete, steel stud and brick exterior home. Bathtub full of water to flush turds see ya after the show.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm in Tampa starting to get breezy. Generator ready to go and a DVR full of college football games saved up for today. Andrew was my 1st hurricane and that was impressive, but this one might even beat it when it comes ashore. I'm good to go here 22 ft above sea level in a concrete, steel stud and brick exterior home. Bathtub full of water to flush turds see ya after the show.

Stay safe and good luck!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Godspeed Floridians.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh gosh....How is everyone??

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ugh... how bad did your stuff get soaked?

LSB Active Member
Tampa was lucky storm was a nothing event compared to Charlie. We have had 2 regular old storms this summer worse than Irma at least in my immediate locale very thankful. Couple of trees and power out for 2 days....Tampa lucky again. Winds did hit up in the 70's out at the lease though got a feeling all my fidgety cabin fever is going to get let out cutting down trees and brush b/f Oct 14!

Last edited: