Weather

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck we are even getting Harvey over here, crazy!

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Stay safe and dry if you can everybody. Sending prayers from Illinois.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With the roads blocked in and out it is going to be many many days before traffic can begin to flow again. Sent some emails out stating that on the interstates and highways they need to remove barriers that are acting like dams so trucks can get in and deliver fuel and food. In Kemah and League City there is no gas and no food in the stores and I am afraid things are going to go South in a couple days. HEB was open for awhile with long line waiting to park and long lines waiting to get in that lasted a couple of hours before they closed and now their are officers at every entrance. An elderly friend of mine went to a Krogers in Seabrook and waited in line for a very long time before they came out and told everyone there was no milk, eggs and many other things. A lot of people left but he stayed and he came home with some cigs for the wife and some crackers.:) Took the wife and doctor and got into Dickinson to inspect the clinic office and pick up the interior where they had a ceiling leak but no water from the flood. It will be many days before anyone with cars can get around safely. Thoughts and prayers to those that lost just about everything, you all are in our prayers. Nothing but lakes for miles and miles around the Dickinson and League City Texas area.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Saw a report that an estimate of abandon cars are to top 50,000 and that is not including all the dealerships that flooded or are under water. Mcree Ford in Dickinson just opened their remodeled dealerships and their entire inventory was under 6 feet of water and the last time I drove by there it still had 4 feet of water in the business. Dickinson flooded last night again because of all the rain and 45 South was cut off again, 45 North bound was open but all the feeder roads are under water. Know lots of people that had to leave. The people in Galveston County were and are getting flown to Dallas by air guard and the people in Houston so far are staying in shelters. They had to open more and more to open. So far George R Brown was over flowing so they opened up the Toyota Center, Lakewood Church, and now NRG too and they are still taking people out of flooded neighborhoods. Worst disaster I have ever seen or been a part of!! Prayers are needed for the children and families that were uprooted by all this water.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what a nightmare and with food running out, fuel can't get delivered and roads impassable, all for the next week to month. Panic is going to sent in soon, crime will rise, angry people and diseased water everywhere what will happen? I am fearful for the worst before it gets better. Daughter in Pearland said people acting as cops are coming by and telling people to evacuate, and to wait on the corner to be picked up and when they come back the house has been robbed.

Middy53

LSB Member
what a nightmare and with food running out, fuel can't get delivered and roads impassable, all for the next week to month. Panic is going to sent in soon, crime will rise, angry people and diseased water everywhere what will happen? I am fearful for the worst before it gets better. Daughter in Pearland said people acting as cops are coming by and telling people to evacuate, and to wait on the corner to be picked up and when they come back the house has been robbed.
That is infuriating.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Before the storm people were acting like idiots in stores hoarding everything they could looking out for no one else but themselves. I am afraid that folks will take advantage of every little thing they can. Wife and I live in a fenced old folks place and we are looking out for as many as we can. Telling everyone to stay put and do no venture out if at all possible. I am sure that the bad side of people are going to show very quickly. A Valero will open in the AM they do not have fuel of any type but have drinks and some ice so I am sure it will be a mad house when they open. Wife and I and neighbors are in secure mode and staying tight for as long as we can. It is going to get ugly out there!!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I accepted the job in San Antonio and we drive there next Saturday. Originally, we were going to drive through Houston, but Harvey screwed up those plans.

Would we have any issues if we took I-20 West, headed south in Longview, then took 79 through Austin to San Antonio?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you will love the SA area, Talk to Jake about living in Bandera County especially if buying

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I emailed Jake prior to my first trip to SA. Based on his comments, we chose to rent a house in Boerne. We are going to rent for a year or two before buying since we will have to sell the house in SC before purchasing again.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are one smart cookie, I like that area, you will find what you like looking for a year. What kept us from buying in SA were the taxes at $3500-5500 a year where Bandera County was $1500 a year, taxes are my determining factor as I have better places to put my $$. Best of luck!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You shouldn't have any problems going that way. I live about an hour and a half south of Marshal. You are welcome to stop here for the night on your way. It will leave you about 7 hours ro Boerne.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Krogers by us has some things and people are behaving. Running low and thinking they might have trucks this weekend. No gas around here so sitting tight, all sorts of traffic and I do not have a clue where everyone is going. I suppose trying to get things open. Some places open some are not. UPS guy I know said they are going back on Tuesday hopping to have trucks coming in this weekend, all their stuff is West and North wIting to get into Houston. Had a strong North wind last night and that blows out the bay and that really helped get things outta here. Some places have water some it is drying up nicely.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's good news Curly. Sit tight and wait for better weather. Should be some relief soon. Harvey is about dew east of us now. Taking a beating with rain. Main road out is blocked in both directions by creeks over the road. I have enough provisions for months so just watching the rain.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chopper, how high is the water behind you??

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You shouldn't have any problems going that way. I live about an hour and a half south of Marshal. You are welcome to stop here for the night on your way. It will leave you about 7 hours ro Boerne.

Thanks!

At this point, the plan is to leave early Saturday morning, and make it to Jackson, MS, and into Austin late Sunday. We should be in Boerne around 10:30 Monday morning. The movers should be there around 1:00 Monday afternoon. My father-in-law is making the trip with us so I'm glad I'll be driving the UHaul!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The lake is just now reaching the normal level. It was two feet low last week. But, at the rate it's rising it will probably get a few feet higher before it stops coming up. The rain is supposed to stop by noon tomorrow.