Weather

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ugh... how bad did your stuff get soaked?
That's not my place. These are neighborhoods we've been working in the past couple weeks. My complex was flooded,but not my unit fortunately...
. A lady tried to make a joke about her home as she walked us through her gutted house to the back where her meter was. She couldn't finish the sentence and started crying. She hugged us when we got her lights back on as it was the first sign of hope and improvement of her situation since the storm. It's depressing :/ This is a convo I had last week with an old girl friend.
IMG_6977.PNG IMG_6978.PNG

We also sent about 40 crews to Florida on Monday. I think they're having to sleep in their trucks.
We've gone from 16 hour days to 14 hour days this week. Which actually sucks bc of the way the pay is structured. We were making 16 hours of double time every day. Now we're making 8 hours straight time and 6 hours at time and a half. I'd rather work the extra two hours, lose the extra two hours of sleep and get all double time pay.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to hear you and yours are GTG.

Drift

LSB Member
Aaanndd... I'm back up from Highlands county Florida. I think we were probably the first house to get electricity and water and cell phone and internet.. starting about 2 hrs ago.
The hurricane was pretty mild up here. Cat2.. The eye passed about 18 miles from here. I don't really know how high gusts went maybe 120. Not all that much damage...and we were ready. But some infrastructure went down.. power lines..cell towers waterlines, trash in roads. Our problems were (1) the just-in-time supply model completely fails when stressed. The county's gas and food was all gone before the hurricane because evacuees used it all up before the storm arrived...and nothing came in for 3 days..I'm guessing a lot of effort went into resupplying both coast, both of which were farther from the storm then we were. (2nd) problem is that we are rural Fly Over country, not liberal coastal city. As long as we could get news in, we kept hearing about possible storm surges on coast lines 200 miles away, but nary a word about what was happening inland in places like LaBell. Wauchula or Sebring.
Anyway, we are up now, taking some of my office workers who are doing without. I dont know if the office will ever re open.It looks to be about a battalion of the Guard in town tonight which is good.