Weather

Drift

LSB Member
And... we got another one or two incoming to Florida . Current spaghetti models show; right up the length of the Florida peninsula...Maybe... Wind speed maybe 180 mph. About 6 days to impact. Anything is possible.... I went looking for water yesterday, I believe I got the last 2 cases in the county. 75% of the gas stations in the county out of gas,mostly taken by the evacuees from Miami getting out. My wife is stuck at home recovering from surgery, my boss really wants me to work and take care of family issues during my off hours. On the + side; I got the generator up and running, my house is 113 above sea level and I got plenty of ammo.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went to Wal Mart this afternoon and it was completely out of bottled water.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You all be very careful with this one in Florida. Something that big and powerful is not to be taken lightly. 180+MPH winds is going to cause massive damage!! Wish everyone there the best! The air Force and and a bunch from Houston took off today to head to Florida to try and help with early prep.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The gas deal in and around Houston. I saw a Shell gas truck delivering fuel to a Shell station so I went up to the driver and told him thanks,, a bunch of people will appreciate it. I do not buy Shell fuel. He said thank you back and then state it is just regular. I asked just regular why!? if you can deliver regular surely you can deliver the other two gases too. He said we are not making any?? What I said? yup we are not making anything but regular!!?? Man that is just nuts, I wonder how come we have plenty of fuel stocked up but they are not getting into the supply to deliver fuel and if they are not making it what would be the reason?? The whole thing is confusing!! Maybe someone has a friend that works in the gas making bidness!??

LSB Active Member
You all be very careful with this one in Florida. Something that big and powerful is not to be taken lightly. 180+MPH winds is going to cause massive damage!! Wish everyone there the best! The air Force and and a bunch from Houston took off today to head to Florida to try and help with early prep.

This storm is gonna be a sight for sure wherever it hits.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You Florida fellers take care, prayers your direction.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Along with Irma and Jose there is another forming in the GULF...well just DAMN!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Man that is just nuts, I wonder how come we have plenty of fuel stocked up but they are not getting into the supply to deliver fuel and if they are not making it what would be the reason??
I would suspect it's basically a delivery capacity issue. Everyone is buying gas like there's no tomorrow, and most people use regular, so that's what they're bringing.
I read an article about the Houston manager for HEB grocery stores regarding getting supplies delivered. He commented that the floral guys kept asking when they could start delivering flowers again. He would tell them he needed bread and toilet paper a lot more than flowers at the moment! Right now, most folks need regular gas.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is called PANIC and hoarding, many over react and then the trucks cannot move fast enough to resupply as they have regular routines

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got back from Valero, they now have gas in three flavors but no diesel. I always get the middle one and it was 2.70 a gallon. Use to fill up the truck for a little over 30 and now 10 gallons was 27 bucks!! Wondering where the price will end??

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It is called PANIC and hoarding, many over react and then the trucks cannot move fast enough to resupply as they have regular routines
Get yours now, if you haven't already!

Drift

LSB Member
It's not that we don't have any fuel in the county. At any one time 2-3 gas stations have (only premium) gas. By the time the single tanker truck leaves the gas is pretty much spoken for. I went out to a ranch I hunt on and filled up there-its good to have friends. But boards for boarding up... you must be joking.
And then there is that theory of evacuation... We are about 4.5 hrs form the Fla Georgia line. One of the girls from work just took her kids and left- last night @ midnight (left then to avoid traffic)... it took 14 hrs for her to get across the border.
On a positive note, my wife said that if we kept our roof and anyone from work lost theirs I was allowed to invite them in...and since a lot of them are struggling single mothers with kids we may be able to help some.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The infrastructure is in no way really able to handle a true disaster. Sorry it took that person sooo long to drive that distance. I hope you all stay safe and the women and especially the kiddos are safe and hope they have someone looking over them. Stay safe!!

Last edited:

Drift

LSB Member
My continuing saga to prepare for this thing. Today I had to work 8-8. My boss gave me a placard to put in my windshield that should allow me to move through Police and Guard roadblocks-that's new this year. . and the stores were restocked last night . My wife was able to get out (against Drs orders) on crutches and do some shopping. The coasts are all evacuating, a lot inland, so my county of 40k now has about 250k people in it. I'm OK with that as long as they all go home when this is over. On my way home I noticed a grove owner had knocked over some trees with a backhoe and was piling sand 8 feet high by the roadside; regular people were stopping to fill sandbags. I'll try and get out later and fill some myself.
...On a darker note the garbage pick up.. Last year the county cut garbage pickup to 1 day a week. Robot truck, garbage limited to 1 can per house. Lots and lots of people have been cleaning up their yards and putting yard and other refuse out by the can. Today was garbage day and the truck came by and took the garbage can... leaving all that emergency refuse curbside 3 days before the hurricane! Me and the neighbors son cleared off our 1/2 block and I showed him where to dump it. On a darker note also, I have added a MOLLE vest, cash and a AR pistol to by bug out bag.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All the best to you and yours. Thoughts and prayers for everyone over there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Drift what town are you in?? To all the FL peeps, please stay safe and check in w us!