Pulsar Core RXQ30V

Hunting Hawaii

Possibly external power. That should be it. Maybe different firmware as well. Doesn't really matter though. Pulsar will stand behind it.

As I looked more in the manual I found an asterisk by the external power section saying some models ship with out this feature. But on the next page it describes the external power and battery pack options indicating to me that there will be those options in production models. Unfourtunatly I didn't know I was getting a pre production model.

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's what I was referring to. I believe the production units will have the full ability. He's the only dealer I know of that got pre production units and my understanding is they were possibly sent in error. You might reach out to sellmark and see if they might be able to switch you out to one with full features once they are shipping at full capacity. Be glad to help if I can.

Randy

Iowa
Welcome to the forum.

Your hands on experience with this model is so welcomed by those of us seriously considering this model and starved for reliable information.

Please confirm 1) picture in picture magnification capability 2) one shot zero (freeze frame) capability and 3) adjustable focus. Pulsar website Q & A responded to me that none of these options came with this model. If they do...big,big happy news!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with this unit.

Best regards, Randy

LSB Active Member
Welcome to the forum.

Your hands on experience with this model is so welcomed by those of us seriously considering this model and starved for reliable information.

Please confirm 1) picture in picture magnification capability 2) one shot zero (freeze frame) capability and 3) adjustable focus. Pulsar website Q & A responded to me that none of these options came with this model. If they do...big,big happy news!

Best regards, Randy

I'm interested to know about the adjustable focus....are we talking about the eye piece? When I adjust those on my regular glass I never touch them again....is this some kind of special new thing I have to do with thermals and constantly adjust the focus each time out?

Hunting Hawaii

Welcome to the forum.

Best regards, Randy
Hi Randy,

I have used the pip and the magnification of the small picture looks like 6x digital. I need to play around more with it to see if it is adjustable. As of now you can only use the unit with pip or zoom mode one at a time. You have to go into the menu and switch in between both modes. Once one is selected you quickly access it with a long push on the right button on the unit.

2. There is one shot zero/freeze frame zero but I did not use it. So I'll have to check on that when I get home. I did see the option on the menu though.

3. There no adjustable focus that I have been able to find. Contrast and brightness adjust easy. Only issue I had with focus was under 10yds

Hunting Hawaii

That's what I was referring to. I believe the production units will have the full ability. He's the only dealer I know of that got pre production units and my understanding is they were possibly sent in error. You might reach out to sellmark and see if they might be able to switch you out to one with full features once they are shipping at full capacity. Be glad to help if I can.
I figured I'd ask them about swapping it out when they are in full swing

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I figured I'd ask them about swapping it out when they are in full swing

I imagine they'll take care of you. When you get ready holler at me and I'll get in touch with my buddies at sellmark and see if they can help you out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They should not have allowed the pre production models to be sold unless your were informed it was not complete. I would try to switch it out ASAP

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He needs to talk to the dealer that sold it as well as Sellmark. Apparently they were demo models that were shipped to a dealer on accident or something like that. The dealer then sold them. He probably didn't realize that they weren't full units. Who knows. Wasn't me and anyone associated with my outfit. I know the guy though and he seems like a nice enough guy but I don't know him well enough to vouch to his intentions or anything like that. Anyway, long and short of it, no thermal maker backs their stuff or provides as good of customer service as pulsar/sellmark. They'll take care of it.

Hunting Hawaii

He needs to talk to the dealer that sold it as well as Sellmark. Apparently they were demo models that were shipped to a dealer on accident or something like that. The dealer then sold them. He probably didn't realize that they weren't full units. Who knows. Wasn't me and anyone associated with my outfit. I know the guy though and he seems like a nice enough guy but I don't know him well enough to vouch to his intentions or anything like that. Anyway, long and short of it, no thermal maker backs their stuff or provides as good of customer service as pulsar/sellmark. They'll take care of it.
Talking with my dealer who is checking with reps about it as he was unaware. I'm not worried at all I'm sure it'll get figured out