Pulsar Core RXQ30V

LSB Active Member
I'd love to hear any thoughts on these from those who are getting their hands on them with pre-production models. Bypassing video, batt pack etc may very well be the only way I get into thermal this year so this unit is pretty attractive to me. Would like to hear how the green screen agrees/disagrees with your eyes. Thanks in advance.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There is an Armasight Predator just listed here and anyone considering this scope should also look at the THOR 19mm version

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've used it and it's a heck of a good little scope for the money. Green isn't bad. No worse than a green nv image. The older Raytheon W1000 had a green mode that was very similar. The RXQ is a nice size and would be a good handheld as well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
MD, you have any hunting video with the RXQ?

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No unfortunately. The RXQ doesn't have any video out. I've only spent a little time with it but overall was impressed. In order to get a video it will have to be a camera through the unit, which I'll do at some point.

LSB Active Member
Thanks for the info that's great to know. Honestly video while cool isn't a necessity for me. Killing pests is paramount. This might just be my ticket!

LSB Active Member
The customer service component is huge to me coming from the tech sector......I fully understand stuff breaks. It's how it's handled downstream that makes all the difference for me. Some of the best developed relationships have come *from* product failures which seems odd, but you can win big by making stuff right.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What is it w Pulsar with no video OUT on their units and the one with internal DVR's you have to drag to scope and rife to your computer, not even an SD card...big negative for me.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is this the scope that has a price point a little south of $2k?

Randy

Iowa
The CoreRXQ is under $2,000 from my discussion with Pulsar.

I hope that since Todd is now able to test and report on all brands, videos comparing the CoreRXQ, ApexXQ38 and Trail XQ38 will be done by him or someone else.

We all know 640 is superior to 384.

What a segment of the potential buyers want to see are videos and discussion on the above 3 units so we can decide whether the benefits of spending $1,900 versus $2,5oo versus $2,800 is warranted.

Whom ever does that gets my business.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would suggest waiting and save the extra $600 for the Apex XQ38. I haven't looked through one though. But the apex XQ38 is basically like getting an apex xd50s, but for $2500 new. Maybe get a digital nv scope for now, Or if u can wait till next year and keep saving.. prices keep going down and quality keeps improving....

Randy

Iowa
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Money is there. Desire to buy is there.

Reality is being up North, other than semi annual hog hunting venture to Texas or shooting the random wild dogs / coyote attacking cow herd, I want something that can be used for home offense (already have night vision) but will settle on dispatching the random Varmit or critter for practice.

LSB Active Member
I would suggest waiting and save the extra $600 for the Apex XQ38. I haven't looked through one though. But the apex XQ38 is basically like getting an apex xd50s, but for $2500 new. Maybe get a digital nv scope for now, Or if u can wait till next year and keep saving.. prices keep going down and quality keeps improving....

thanks blake that helps a lot. i keep going back and forth. i'm right at rxq money now, but our lease cost is just scary astronomical this year and it's put a dent in my disposable hog money just to get on land which is obviously mission critical. appreciate the heads up.

Last edited:

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The RXQ is really not meant to be one with all the frills. It's a small, simple scope for a guy that doesn't need a ton of distance and doesn't want to jack with the extra features and video and all that. It's real good for purpose. Price on one is 1899 shipped. Better than anything thermal scope wise thus far.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think the Cheaper $1800 Thor offers a better deal with recording and better specs than the RXQ, lots more options if you can stomach buying ATN but as the best deal I would say it has all beat in the sub 2K area

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^that's the deal right there. But couple things to consider, ATN and Pulsar are a night and day difference service wise if you have an issue.

Pulsar probably is the best company to deal with on service of any of the thermal makers. ATN is probably the worst.

Plus the RXQ is a 30mm lens rather the 19mm on the ATN so there is some value added there.

Kevo

Hi there. I work at Pulsar and really appreciated reading through this thread. Thanks a ton for the kind words about our customer service. We truly try hard to take care of people. We also believe in the Golden Rule. I do love our thermals and have used them pretty extensively. I've killed with the RXQ30, my furthest at 270 yards. For a sub $2k thermal is pretty amazing! Runs on a 384 Core with a 640x480 AMOLED display. Yes, it is "white hot" on a green color mode. It's exceptionally easier on the eyes. I'd honestly like to see that color mode option on our 640 core higher-end thermals. I liked it that much. The green also did not seem to inhibit my natural night vision as much as using the grayscale white hot and black hot modes I'm used to. While there is no recording capability, it's truly great thermal. Of course, again, I work here so you just might have to line up behind one to agree with my .02. Hope my info helps someone. I've attached photos of the CORE RXQ30 on my Sharps Rifle Company .25-45 AR15. _D5B0187.jpg _D5B0190.jpg _D5B0258.jpg

Kevo

Thanks mdmorrow. That's one of the prototypes. It seems that we are just now seeing a few production models come in but being on the marketing side I don't know if some CORE RXQ30s came in on a previous shipment and are already with dealers. Have you seen any? At any rate, yes, it's pretty compact and light. I really do like it. Hoping to get another weekend with it soon!