Pulsar Core RXQ30V

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HH do they have an extended battery for it? Can you confirm NO video out?? Also can you record with your phone at the eye piece?? Thanks I did not know they were available yet! OH and Welcome to the Forum!

Hunting Hawaii

HH do they have an extended battery for it? Can you confirm NO video out?? Also can you record with your phone at the eye piece?? Thanks I did not know they were available yet! OH and Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for having me! As far as I know no extended batteries, it was what kept the cost down, just cr123. And also no video capabilities.

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where did you get it? Pulsar said only a handful of pre-production units have slipped out so far. The production units have yet to ship from what I hear. So there is some hope of some of the features, possibly.

LSB Active Member
HH this is great! If it's not too much trouble please feel free to dump any and all thoughts and experiences. This is the model I'm focused on.

Specifically if you could give any range/identification estimates that would be neat. Just your overall thoughts would be greatly appreciated. And also whatever you have found that is inaccurate from the online manual which I've been reading.

Save multiple zeros?
Adjustable mount?
Freeze frame zero?
Daytime visual quality?

Thanks for chiming in!

Hunting Hawaii

Great to hear some good first hand. Let's see some pics and reviews when you get a chance.

I'll try and get some pics up in the next couple days. I took it out one night and was super impressed, even in the pouring rain. I got soaked and I was like well I guess I get to test the waterproofing! And it was fine and is rated well in the waterproof Dept.

I really like the twist shutter open and close instead of flip caps or rubber caps. I was really bummed about the external power as it was advertised on their page but I'll just have to make do and it has been doing really well on my first set of cr123 I've got a couple hrs on it and it's still indicating 2/3 power.

I was skeptical on the green tint but it really is easier on your eyes for longer periods of time over all the colors I've used on my friends flir unit. It still can blind you if the brightness is way up but with a low setting it's real nice. Honestly for where I am it's all I need and inverting between the (green) white and black hot works good. There is also a bit of variation with the 3 modes I think they're called rocks, forest and identification. To me it seems more like preset contrast and brightness settings but I haven't messed around with them much.

You really can see pretty far with this unit and for its size and resolution I haven't seen any better. One other feature I figured is cost related is focus/manual focus, close range (under 10yds) you can't focus manually but you can still identify things no problem.

The picture in picture feature is great. I'd much rather use that than cycle through zoom presets. It gives me the option to scan ahead on running animals and plan accordingly. It seems to be set on 6x digital where the main screen is the 1.6x optical.

The menu is pretty easy and it was simple to sight in. It really is a no frills high quality unit. You could easily shoot 200-300 if you and your firearm were up to the job and I have been able to see 500-600 yds no problem and beyond I haven't know the distances.

So time will tell, I'm disappointed about the battery situation but it is what it is and maybe I'll try rechargeables at some point, but it seems to draw minimal power given there is no video or anything besides the screen and processor drawing power and the amoled screen is super efficient and very crisp.

Let me know if you have any other questions

LSB Active Member
I'll try and get some pics up in the next couple days. I took it out one night and was super impressed, even in the pouring rain. I got soaked and I was like well I guess I get to test the waterproofing! And it was fine and is rated well in the waterproof Dept.

I really like the twist shutter open and close instead of flip caps or rubber caps. I was really bummed about the external power as it was advertised on their page but I'll just have to make do and it has been doing really well on my first set of cr123 I've got a couple hrs on it and it's still indicating 2/3 power.

I was skeptical on the green tint but it really is easier on your eyes for longer periods of time over all the colors I've used on my friends flir unit. It still can blind you if the brightness is way up but with a low setting it's real nice. Honestly for where I am it's all I need and inverting between the (green) white and black hot works good. There is also a bit of variation with the 3 modes I think they're called rocks, forest and identification. To me it seems more like preset contrast and brightness settings but I haven't messed around with them much.

You really can see pretty far with this unit and for its size and resolution I haven't seen any better. One other feature I figured is cost related is focus/manual focus, close range (under 10yds) you can't focus manually but you can still identify things no problem.

The picture in picture feature is great. I'd much rather use that than cycle through zoom presets. It gives me the option to scan ahead on running animals and plan accordingly. It seems to be set on 6x digital where the main screen is the 1.6x optical.

The menu is pretty easy and it was simple to sight in. It really is a no frills high quality unit. You could easily shoot 200-300 if you and your firearm were up to the job and I have been able to see 500-600 yds no problem and beyond I haven't know the distances.

So time will tell, I'm disappointed about the battery situation but it is what it is and maybe I'll try rechargeables at some point, but it seems to draw minimal power given there is no video or anything besides the screen and processor drawing power and the amoled screen is super efficient and very crisp.

Let me know if you have any other questions

That is fantastic thank you. If you didn't catch the earlier posts the CR123's can be had for ~$1 just in case you haven't loaded up. Loving what I've read so far: I need a simple tool to allow me to kill varmints at night.....no more....no less. Sounds like the RXQ does that! Thanks HH

Hunting Hawaii

HH this is great! If it's not too much trouble please feel free to dump any and all thoughts and experiences. This is the model I'm focused on.

Specifically if you could give any range/identification estimates that would be neat. Just your overall thoughts would be greatly appreciated. And also whatever you have found that is inaccurate from the online manual which I've been reading.

Save multiple zeros?
Adjustable mount?
Freeze frame zero?
Daytime visual quality?

Thanks for chiming in!

According to my manual there 3 zeros you can save and yes a freeze frame zero. Daytime seems ok I haven't really looked through it much except when I was sighting in but it picked up heat really well. The mount seems pretty solid, it is different to what is advertised but made it pretty easy to set up to a eye relief I like. The only thing is it could benefit from being a little higher. I am thinking about putting a 1/2" riser to raise it up a little. It wasn't a big deal it wa just different than the day scope I had on before. Pic attached of mount

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 15

LSB Active Member
Thanks! One of the things I plan on doing with this is stalking in the daylight hours back in the Florida swamps. It gets quite dark and is under a full thick canopy so while it's not sunlight I'm fighting there is some light getting in. Plus I wouldn't mind having a useable optic just b/f sunset obviously. Thanks again HH this is SO valuable to hear from a paying consumer.

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is fantastic thank you. If you didn't catch the earlier posts the CR123's can be had for ~$1 just in case you haven't loaded up. Loving what I've read so far: I need a simple tool to allow me to kill varmints at night.....no more....no less. Sounds like the RXQ does that! Thanks HH

It should fit the bill nicely I'd think.

Hunting Hawaii

That appears to be one of the handful of pre-production units. The production units are supposed to ship with a different mount from what I understand.

Yes I think you're right on that one. My dealer got a few in and everyone was scrambling for the Trails and no one noticed this. The mount is solid but a little too low, hopefully Pulsar will take care of me if I have issues. I'm nervous now about warranty stuff being a pre production, Im not sure about warranty

LSB Active Member
Yes I think you're right on that one. My dealer got a few in and everyone was scrambling for the Trails and no one noticed this. The mount is solid but a little too low, hopefully Pulsar will take care of me if I have issues. I'm nervous now about warranty stuff being a pre production
If I end up gettin gone I might be your guy to buy that mount from you. I'm on the other end that I always have a tough time building up my stock for a proper cheek weld on AR's to match how I set up to a bolt which is automatic......a lower mount would be music to my ears!

Hunting Hawaii

Thanks! One of the things I plan on doing with this is stalking in the daylight hours back in the Florida swamps. It gets quite dark and is under a full thick canopy so while it's not sunlight I'm fighting there is some light getting in. Plus I wouldn't mind having a useable optic just b/f sunset obviously. Thanks again HH this is SO valuable to hear from a paying consumer.

Yeah I think this will def work great for that. It is also super light and compact which makes carrying it around in field a breeze.

Hunting Hawaii

If I end up gettin gone I might be your guy to buy that mount from you. I'm on the other end that I always have a tough time building up my stock for a proper cheek weld on AR's to match how I set up to a bolt which is automatic......a lower mount would be music to my ears!

That would be perfect if the production models ship with a higher mount I'll trade you. I'd rather. Have a higher mount than add a riser

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I think you're right on that one. My dealer got a few in and everyone was scrambling for the Trails and no one noticed this. The mount is solid but a little too low, hopefully Pulsar will take care of me if I have issues. I'm nervous now about warranty stuff being a pre production, Im not sure about warranty

From Cameron correct?