Game Camara Thread

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Every time I attach a picture it downloads it 2 or 3 times. I have to delete and start over, not sure why. Sorry about the multiples.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Upload your photos to www.photobucket.com. then post a link the the photo here. It prevents a lot of issues and can be used as a remote backup for all your pictures.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the input guys. I had photobucket at one time and got rid of it, don't remember why. It will figure itself out I am sure.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate it since they changed it all but still use the damn thing.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Apparently he forgot to change his clocks last night. Been there.

D.Wilson

LSB Member
I have heard big cats around my house last year the county and city had a bounty for one that was eating people's dogs one such dog was taken when on leash wish I could get one on camera.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have heard big cats around my house last year the county and city had a bounty for one that was eating people's dogs one such dog was taken when on leash wish I could get one on camera.
I've been hunting for my whole life, and hunting with night vision for several years and have only spotted two mountain lions. But I think thermal is going to fix this!

Reactions: dwa

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've been hunting for my whole life, and hunting with night vision for several years and have only spotted two mountain lions. But I think thermal is going to fix this!
Texas is really not known for having a lot of big cats, down in the desert they have a few, New Mexico and Arizona have a few more, but those big cats really like big, brush and woods country where they can ambush from a tree or the grass. I am actually impressed that you have even seen one, let alone two down there!

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Texas is really not known for having a lot of big cats, down in the desert they have a few, New Mexico and Arizona have a few more, but those big cats really like big, brush and woods country where they can ambush from a tree or the grass. I am actually impressed that you have even seen one, let alone two down there!
They are more common than you would think.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
there are supposed to be two healthy populations within the state of Texas. One is in true West Texas (roughly West of the Pecos River) and the other is in South Texas. There are lions all over the state but those 2 populations are not at risk of local extermination. The only places I have called home have been within those to parts of Texas and I have still never seen a lion in the wild, dead or alive. I am very jealous of those who have. I know I have been close to some while doing field work, but I just never saw them. I do get game cam pictures of lions every year though from several ranchers I work with. They are almost always from areas that have healthy riparian areas (creeks, rivers, streams, ...etc). It seems they use them as movement corridors.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Do you guys have problems with them showing up in towns/citys or is there still enough room for them to stay out in the brush? Our population is so high that the young and sick get pushed into the suburbs all the time. People like to think that Fido just ran off or someone decided to keep Fluffy, when in reality they are Happy Meals for the cats and yotes.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most of south Texas has very small towns, there is no need for the cats to go to them. There are so many whitetail deer, hogs, javelins, you get the picture. Much of this area, man can't even get into. It is very easy for an animal to go un-noticed, or a person for that matter. Just ask the Border Patrol.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Most of south Texas has very small towns, there is no need for the cats to go to them. There are so many whitetail deer, hogs, javelins, you get the picture. Much of this area, man can't even get into. It is very easy for an animal to go un-noticed, or a person for that matter. Just ask the Border Patrol.

What he said...

There are only 2 "large" cities/metroplex areas in South Texas: San Antonio, and the Rio Grande valley. Both are 1,000,000+ in population. I now of at least 3 counties that do not have any incorporated areas and many that have only one, which is usually the county seat. Lions, along with the few black bears that are down here, and other predators are pretty well able to keep away from everyone. Another thing is that with lions, hunting is not regulated or discouraged so those that do have lion "problems" in South Texas can very easily deal with the "problem".

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I knew there were some bear down there, we have quite a few also, but they are real shy so you don't see them often. Once in a while one will wonder into CALPOLY and scare the crapola outta some college kids, but they don't do any real damage.
We have so many cats, and so many people that it is a real concern around here. The cats don't really fear people, we just are not a preferred meal for them. The sick or hungry ones chew on a tree hugger or three a year, no loss there, but the attacks are happening more and more frequently. I don't worry about a dirtbag trying to rob me, I do worry about a rabbid cat trying to eat me. A few times a year Ill find a fresh kill or see a lion. We are getting them on our game camaras quite often now, where as 5-8 years ago we might get one picture a year, if that many.