Game Camara Thread

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your always welcome back to Texas. Just need to finish setting up then you guys will see some lead flying. This year I plan to get my wife and daughter to bag their first pig.

Nice thing is when you guys come to FL we accept your carry license and there is no need for a hunting license on private land to hunt hogs and yotes! NV, lights, and suppressor for hogs is allowed day or night.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice thing is when you guys come to FL we accept your carry license and there is no need for a hunting license on private land to hunt hogs and yotes! NV, lights, and suppressor for hogs is allowed day or night.
I think TXLAWMAN wanted to go out there, maybe one day I can talk him into a road trip. He is the type of guy that makes a road trip interesting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Remember we are closer than most of FL, 10 hr drive to Houston from the Lease, 9 from my house..straight on IH 10, Hell if you are a LEO it might only be an 7-8 hr drive...LOL

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Caught inside the cookie jar again !

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am getting lots of pictures of him. He is young I believe. This part of my lease burned two years ago as you can see by the trees. I am getting lots of new activity this year so far and they are really hitting my protein

Maybe in a year or two will have some shooters. We have a 13" minimum inside antler restriction here.

MD1005

North east FL
I unnerstan'. I'd've felt the same way.

I have mine (6.8 Pistol)set up for use with a Viking VTAC 2pt. sling, or a SKT 2pt. sling. Of the two... I prefer the SKT one.
I've got an order in the works for a 2 point from Scott, on your recommendation back in march. Took me awhile to get it together. I like the looks of his stuff.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still want to see the setup, I may prefer it

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Consider the upgrade of the pad for the sling... nice being able to stow the extra when the gun is put up.

Stowed.jpg

One tug, and deployed.

Deploy.jpg

Just open the pad, tuck the extra length up in it and fold it over and close the Velcro. Nice upgrade to the sling.

Stowing.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still want to see the setup, I may prefer it

Functions identically to the Viking VTAC... there are youtube vids of how it's used. SKT will put whatever attachment point hardware you need on the sling if you need him to. It can be changed around as needed too, just buckled in.

Install002.jpg

Install001.jpg

I like his overall adjustment design too. Just as quick as the VTAC, a little easier to use for me. I have both brands of slings. I like them both. Slight edge to SKT.

AdjustmentHardware.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am sorry, i thought you were talking about your pistol, the Chip

I thing I have that myself for my rifle.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am sorry, i thought you were talking about your pistol, the Chip

I thing I have that myself for my rifle.
This works the same on the pistol... I just have it installed on my shotgun.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the Noveske flush QD Mt on the buffer plate but none on the front so have been using a single point on the pistola, really not a single point guy but it works sorta. I have found just too much material in my 2 pts to use on it.

MD1005

North east FL
I've tried single points and I do not like all the flopping around of the rifle. It works good for riding in vehicles when I've done it but that's the only time I personally saw a use for it. I was thinking about using the single point attachment and putting a QD on the hand guard and running a 2 point like that.

MD1005

North east FL
Btw frank, I have a Blackhawk single point storm sling if you want it for the WW build. If that's the route your going with that one. I tried finding the thread there but couldn't so figured I put it here. Sorry for going off topic!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He is a combat vet, so not sure what he wants, I need to add the mount to my list of things to get..Your single point may be a great thing!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's how I run my carbine (attachment point on handguard, and one at the end plate). My pistol buffer (Spike's) tube has a built in QD attachment point in the end of the tube... so I can attach there and the handguard also.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, I have an angled grip and not a QD on my handguard, guess I need to get one.