Firearms picture thread.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice cluster there. I have an NAA .22 on the list... just hasn't happened quite yet.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took the NAA in on a trade for a 6.8. Sweetened the deal

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Continuing with the Smoke Poles, my first rifle was a little .45 cal. Cherokee by T/C. Looked brand new when I bought it (as a pair with a .45 Patriot). Sadly, the first time I took it out shooting... the stock cracked on me. Here... you can see the location of the crack. I opened it up by hand while a buddy of mine buttered in some "Smooth-On" bowyer's epoxy. After clamping it and letting it cure, I got to sanding... just enough to get rid of the glue line and give the wood a little tooth.

CrackRepair002.jpg

Then came the many coats of hand rubbing in some Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil ... and buffing it between coats with 3M pads (same grit as OOOO steel wool). I was advised to use the pads, ensuring no hairs of steel wool would remain and begin to rust. Well... it bounced back to look even better than new when I was done. (Buying a new stock wasn't an option... couldn't find one).

StockKnives001.jpg

StockKnives002.jpg

StockKnives003.jpg

StockKnives004.jpg

Now, I've gotta get up the nerve to go shoot this one again and verify the repair holds. LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On top, that's the T/C .45 Patriot pistol that I got as a pair with the Cherokee rifle. In the middle is another tale... but the gun is an 1858 New Army "Bison" by Pietta (.44). The brass framed guns do not handle warmer loads well, you can stretch the frame on them. The bottom one is the 1858 New Army already shown previously.

HolyBlackPistols.jpg

This outing was the day that I cut my Vine Maple limb for the bow stave. My buddies hadn't ever fired guns of the "Holy Black"... so, they kept me busy loading for them while they had a ball shooting.

Kermit001.jpg

Ron002.jpg

Ron003.jpg

Eventually, I got to shoot my new guns too though.
TCPatriot.jpg

I enjoy shooting front-stuffers. It's more relaxed, you have time between shots to allow the barrel to cool down, and you can spend more time talkin' with your buds.

dhwave

On the AR 15 platforms I swapped a lot of parts during the craziness and ended up with these 3.

I call this one the "pig"
20130626_235710.jpg
Rainer .223 wyle 13.7" with a pinned flaming pig to make it legal. Seekins upper, lower is from LAW weapons, RR NM trigger, Seekins SP3R 12" handguard, added a Larue RISE on the CTR stock, aimpoint H-1. This one is setup for home defense or brush carry.

Here is my go to hunting rifle ATM.
20130626_235602.jpg
16" 6.8 *** scout with a troy claymore, bargin Redfield 3x9 TAC MOA, Diamondhead 15" VR-S handguard, VLTOR-MUR upper, Seekins lower, RR NM trigger, rattle can camo, Elusive kill light (f'n bright green light.)

Here is my target toy or hunting blind rifle
20130622_232615.jpg
In this pic it is missing the trigger but it is another RR NM that Bill Springfield did some magic on (very crisp #3) 22" JP 6.5 grendel /w matched bolt, Seekins upper/lower, and tactical comp, leupold Mark 4 6.5X20 MOA.

Future project is a .264LBC 24" from BHW and *** bolt will replace the grendel... Why? cause I was drunk and ordered it :) I figure since they are really both target toys may as well do the longer barrel but I'll run tests on both to see which if any I can distinguished as the better platform. Sometime late this year or early next I want to invest in a suppressor, also have an SKS I want to do something with but that is on the back burner for a long while.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd say yer off to a fine start !! Four of them ARs look to be a might short though.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Waiting on parts, I have 5 barrels ready

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
Here's mine!
ResizedImage_1373749019464_zpsc5fca186.jpg

Palmetto State Armory 6.8 SPC 14.7" pinned to 16" mid-length sporting a YHM 7.62 Ti QD silencer and topped off with a Leupold VXR 2x7x33 scope. Shes gonna change a little bit because I just received another lower and its getting Magpul MOE stock and grip in FDE just waiting on the trigger job to get her back.

MD1005

North east FL
Here's mine!
ResizedImage_1373749019464_zpsc5fca186.jpg

Palmetto State Armory 6.8 SPC 14.7" pinned to 16" mid-length sporting a YHM 7.62 Ti QD silencer and topped off with a Leupold VXR 2x7x33 scope. Shes gonna change a little bit because I just received another lower and its getting Magpul MOE stock and grip in FDE just waiting on the trigger job to get her back.
That is a fine rifle there. Those vxr's are nice. What do you think of the YHM?

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
I love it! I had the opportunity to hunt with a normal stainless steel version and that thing was like a brick hanging off the end of my rifle!

MD1005

North east FL
Cool. I'm saving for one now. I've hot a ways to go yet but ill have one sooner than later I hope.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Figure I would post up a couple longer range guns...

This one is a .308, I built it with a Mega Upper/lower billet matched set, barrel is a Rainier Ultramatch Shilen barrel, brake custom made by Ross Schuler, Scope is a Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 with Horus H59 Reticle, also a custom Schuler brake:
146359394.jpg

This one is a .264 LBC, I has a Mega Monolithic upper with matched lower, both billet, the barrel is a Satern cut-rifled match barrel, scope is a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30:
141670307.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hmmmm....? That's a very popular image in the Seattle area (gun totin' crowd) (your avatar). Gorgeous bang-stick there though.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I
Hmmmm....? That's a very popular image in the Seattle area (gun totin' crowd) (your avatar). Gorgeous bang-stick there though.
I have that on my ammo cabinet. Made a ton and have them away at one time

image.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got a morale patch with that design.