I love the lever gun. My Winchester 94 is one of my favorites in the collection

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 4

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
For them big,fat hogs that are kinda hard to kill. My 10ga "Carbine". This started out as a 28" NEF. When it's time ended shooting the high flying geese up north I started making it mo-bedda. Now it has a 18" "carbine" (yep...tacticle)barrel,a Limbsaver recoil pad,and is fitted with the older Tasco Optima open red dot sight(3MOA).(You already know why NO SCOPE)

It will launch a 766gr. 3/4" in diameter slug at 1280fps. I open the slugs HP and install a "BB" to help the soft lead open faster. This is my...."when it absolutely,positively,has to be killed right now" hog gun. --- SAWMANDSC00711.JPG

MD1005

North east FL
For them big,fat hogs that are kinda hard to kill. My 10ga "Carbine". This started out as a 28" NEF. When it's time ended shooting the high flying geese up north I started making it mo-bedda. Now it has a 18" "carbine" (yep...tacticle)barrel,a Limbsaver recoil pad,and is fitted with the older Tasco Optima open red dot sight(3MOA).(You already know why NO SCOPE)

It will launch a 766gr. 3/4" in diameter slug at 1280fps. I open the slugs HP and install a "BB" to help the soft lead open faster. This is my...."when it absolutely,positively,has to be killed right now" hog gun. --- SAWMANView attachment 64
That is all business right there.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That 10ga. is no fuss, no muss... just a down and dirty killin' tool.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My night time hog and yote gun. Bison 6.8SPCII side charge upper,18"bbl and PWS/PRI brake. Lower is a Bushmaster with a Geissele trigger. For now I shoot the 85gr Barnes TSX at 3070fps. On top sits my ATN ThOR 320 3X 60hz. The gun will put a bullet on a small(inside your glove type)heat packet that is 1.5"X2" at 100yds .....every time....in the blackest of nights. (Zero moon and overcast) --- pruhdlrSANY0020.JPG

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wanted to tease a bit but my FN FNX-45 Tactical shipped today!! Pairing it with a Octane 45 suppressor(be here any day) and Crimson Trace IR laser pointer for a little up close NV pig hunt'n this year. Pics soon as I get it!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My night time hog and yote gun. Bison 6.8SPCII side charge upper,18"bbl and PWS/PRI brake. Lower is a Bushmaster with a Geissele trigger. For now I shoot the 85gr Barnes TSX at 3070fps. On top sits my ATN ThOR 320 3X 60hz. The gun will put a bullet on a small(inside your glove type)heat packet that is 1.5"X2" at 100yds .....every time....in the blackest of nights. (Zero moon and overcast) --- pruhdlr

Drool

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wanted to tease a bit but my FN FNX-45 Tactical shipped today!! Pairing it with a Octane 45 suppressor(be here any day) and Crimson Trace IR laser pointer for a little up close NV pig hunt'n this year. Pics soon as I get it!
We so need to video this!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would love new nv, my gen 1 isn't as cool as the gen 3's

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Second from the top is the venerable "Walker Colt" from Uberti. 60 grs. of FFF per cylinder. And, common to the model, each time you squeeze one off, the loading arm flops down. The largest of the "Horse Pistols".

Next one down is a "3rd Model Dragoon", again, from Uberti. 50 grs. of FFF per cylinder. Again, the "Horse Pistol" family of revolvers

Next one down is an 1858 Remington in nickel and gold, from "Pietta". Depending upon frame construction, these are of the 15-25 gr. per cylinder class. All three of them are .44 caliber.

The bottom one is a .36 cal Remington Pocket pistol (again, front stuffer)

The other two are put in for size comparison... the top one is a Taurus model 85 snubby in .38. The other is a 7 1/4" Ruger Super BlackHawk ("3 screw") .44 Mag. The Ruger was my second gun owned. My .30-06 was my first one.

Mix001.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like the nickel/gold one above, this is an 1858 New Model Army Remington, from Pietta. This one has the orginal speed loader... a spare cylinder that changes out relatively quickly. This thing looked NASTY when I bought it. Snagged it up for a decent price, and set to cleaning. The more I cleaned, the purdier it got. It too is a .44 cal. And, since it's a steel frame, it'll take more powder than the brass framed ones will.

BTW... if you take Flitz metal polish to your blued gun, it'll remove the last traces of bluing salts imbedded in the gun and the rag will turn brown... and the bluing will begin to POP. Flitz works great on your nickel plated, and stainless guns too.

1858001.jpg

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I so want to get a black powder wheel gun. I have an encore .50 cal rifle but I want a few old ones, well old looking

Soonlobo

LSB Member
We used Flitz quite a bit when I did Civil War re-enacting on the 1861 Springfield muskets. Ratdog68 is on the money about the effectiveness of Flitz on stainless. I'm not sure there's a better cleaner for stainless than Flitz, it worked EXTREMELY WELL on those muskets and bayonets.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's an F&W revolver in .38 Colt. This was given to me by one of my cousins. He'd acquired it as payment against a personal loan from a family friend. I also got the box of ammunition to go with it (partial box). As far as I know, this is fully functional... however, I choose not to shoot it, I don't trust the cylinder to lock in battery 100% of the time. I've torn this gun down completely, cleaned and inspected it. Everything appears good inside... but I have enough other guns around, this one's retired.

FW38Colt001.jpg

FW38Colt002.jpg

FW38Colt003.jpg

FW38Colt004.jpg

FW38Colt005.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I so want to get a black powder wheel gun. I have an encore .50 cal rifle but I want a few old ones, well old looking
I don't own this one, it was in a LGS... and the shop keeper allowed me to break it down for taking pix. As far as he knows... this is a VERY early production of the 1860 Army Revolver from Colt. The people who brought it in told him it'd been in their family for many generations. It was a joy to handle this old piece.

Antique001.jpg

Antique002.jpg

Antique004.jpg

Antique005.jpg

Antique006.jpg

Continued....

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Antique007.jpg

Antique008.jpg

Antique009.jpg

Antique010.jpg

Antique011.jpg

Continued....

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Antique012.jpg

Antique013.jpg

Antique014.jpg

Antique015.jpg

Antique016.jpg

Looked to me like a numbers matching OLD gun. I SOOOO wanted to buy this one.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's my revolver collection
Taurus raging bull 454 casull

Uberti 1873 cattleman 45 colt

Taurus 605 357

NAA .22 magnum
image.jpg