Firearms picture thread.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
well, got in my stamp yesterday for my SBR, so will have pics up of them shortly when I configure the gun, I had the lower I registered in the safe the whole time

but here is my main hog hunting rig, a 7.62x40WT, Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor, PVS-14 with 3x magnifier looking through an Eotech:

146938509.jpg

I also use my 6.8 with Pulsar N750 (pic shows when I had the N550 installed), I like the option of recording the hunts for hogs, it now has a suppressor mount so I could quiet it down at night:

138865461.jpg

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My 223 dog getter:
20" *** 5.56mm 1-8
Mega Arms Billet Side Charging upper
Young Mfg Chrome Side Charging BCG
Troy 13" TRX
Home milled 80% lower
Stag LPK & Stock
Redfield 3-9x40
IMG_20130516_172930_029_zpsfce4581e.jpg

My 6.8spc deer/hog gun:
18" *** 6.8spcII 1-11.25
Aero Precision Upper and Lower
MI SS 10" (Changed to Troy 11" Alpha now)
Stag LPK
Magpul ACS-L
PRI Adjustable Gas Block
Leupold VX-3 3-9x40
Smith & Wesson 686 4.25" 357mag
2012-08-17_14-25-24_97-1.jpg

Got a couple bolt guns too, will have to take some pictures of them in a little bit

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was back before I changed it up. I need to take a pic of what it looks like now. I don't think it's as good as the old one but it don't look bad!

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
2013 TPP Lower with 3lb Skeletonized Timney Trigger, Magpul CTR Stock, Mil Spec Buffer Spring and Tube with Spike ST-T2 Buffer
6.8 SPC with Wilson Combat 16" Lightweight Hunter Barrel, Wilson Combat ACCU-TAC Flash Hider, AMD QR Mount , 3-9x40 Accupoint and Hogue Handgaurd (forgot what the upper receiver is):

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What scope is that? Did you add the HOG graphic or does it come that way???

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Remington 700 SPS in .308, Tac Medalist Style 4 (M40)Series 1000 Long Range (02 Black). Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50 (30mm) w/ side focus and mounted in Talley lightweight rings:

Well balanced and groups under .50"

a308-new-stock-004.jpg

a308-new-stock-008.jpg

a308-new-stock-006.jpg

IMG

Last edited:

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Started life as a Stag 7h. Topped it off with a Trijicon 3-9x40, then replaced the handguard with a MI SS Gen2 15" and a Magpul PRS. She is pushing close to 10 lbs, but she was never intend to be a stalker, just a bench or blind gun.
rsz_2013-02-09_16-26-19_33.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had to google that pig plex scope! Learn something new everyday!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Couple of my keepers. The Colt A2 5.56 had its FIRST rounds put through it giving a 21-gun send-off for an old family friend. He was a WWII disabled Vet, Navy frogman. A close buddy of mine (and I) were asked by his widow to take his ashes up to the hills he liked to hunt deer/elk at... and scatter his ashes. No better way to break in a NEW rifle !!! Since, I've added the AP Customs FF carbon fiber tube and the MAGPUL MOE Rifle Stock (and a couple of other bits/bobbles).

The other is "Bison Chip". 6.8 SPC II 8.5" pistol I decided to build up. SBRs are illegal in WA State, don't need any Nanny State permission to travel with it, to own it... and the recoil is light enough that I don't mind the buffer tube against my shoulder.

BisonChipAPC001_zps371969f1.jpg

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My preferred hog hunting gear and rifle.

-Wilson Combat 11.3" 6.8mm upper on form 1 SBR Knights Armament lower receiver
-AAC SDN-6 7.62mm Silencer
- Ident Marking PVS-14s
-EOtech EXPS 3-0
-**** Torch Pro Illuminator
-Ops-Core Base Jump Helmet
- Kimber Covert 1911 with Crimson Trace grips

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well... my MAIN AR can't be left out. *** Recon profile 16" 6.8. I LOVE this gun !

ARPHF4x4005.jpg

Different scope, trigger, grip...
Trigger002-1.jpg

A feller's GOTTA have some decent back up too !

Colt MkIV Series 70 that is NOT "stock". Never skips a beat on me, 1k's of rounds through it. This was my duty weapon (once we were allowed autoloaders).
And, more recently acquired, the Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. This thing gobbles up anything I've thrown at it, including some NASTY lookin' 20yr old stuff that was turning green. Love 'em both.

45s001-2.jpg

Soonlobo

LSB Member
My main hunting rifle is the 6.8 AR-15 depicted in my avatar. I built this with the help of DaveABQ a year and a half ago.

Here are my other 2 favorites, my 1922 Oviedo Spanish Mauser and Ruger Gunsite Scout.

SU1BRzAyMDIuanBn-2.jpg

I really like the 7mm caliber and the Ruger is a great utility rifle. The Mauser is the only rifle my dad ever owned, he bought it the year I was born, and last year I made it into a usable hunting rifle.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Left- 6.8 SPC 12.5" with Ident Marking MKIII suppressor, Noveske NSR 11" rail, ACOG TA31H, DBAL D2 and a CNVD

Right- 5.56 12.5" with Ident Marking MKII suppressor, Larue 11" rail, EOTech and a PVS-14 w/ 3x mag

DSC01145_zpsa80fa841.jpg