Still working on the load but as of today .301 group

IMG_1199_zps93daf9a2.jpg

IMG_1233_zpse29f6f1f.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Otay... I'd like some details on those pistolas... the SOCOM in particular. Nice little herd there.

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The 458 pistola is a chopped RRA upper cut to 12.5". Its got a cheeeep dpms forend with an aluminum end cap that I turned out on my lathe. It shoot great. I built it for my cedar breaks. Short and quick. Less than 75 fps loss verses my 16" RRA Socom. It will kick a little if you dont pay attention to what going on.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I haven't been able to try the 338 spectre on a hog yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 4

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was wondering about the fore end on the .458... wasn't sure if it was an integral fore end/can, or what was going on there. I'd like a Spectre as well. I'm likin' 'em !!!

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My 6.8 pistol.
One of the last of the Bison 8.5" barrels.
Runs like a sewing machine.
Had a TruGlo 2x reddot on it in the beginning - until it became disassembled from recoil after about 40 shots...LOL!!!
bp2.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My 6.8 pistol.
One of the last of the Bison 8.5" barrels.
Runs like a sewing machine.
Had a TruGlo 2x reddot on it in the beginning - until it became disassembled from recoil after about 40 shots...LOL!!!
bp2.jpg
Hey... I should build me one of those things !!!! Ya know... I love that buffer tube/bcg assembly you put on that bad boy. I wish I'd've know about that one before I built mine.

MD1005

North east FL
First off, there are some awesome rigs on here. Here's one of mine, Ruger M77
Hawkeye in .308 topped with a V Brite reticle Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40. image.jpgimage.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got this puppy in '84 when I was a cop in Alaska. Winchester 1200 Police, 12 ga. in 3" magnum, with a matte stainless finish. Back in the day, I pulled the walnut stocks off it (have 'em still) and had pistol grips fore/aft on it. It was my designated building entry/belly crawl gun. You KNEW you had a handful when you "one-handed" it with 3" slug and squeezed it off.

Well... nowadays, my door kickin' days are pretty much over with... so, I needed a kinder/gentler approach. Enter the Blackhawk/KNOX stock set. I still need to trim the fore end a bit, so it'll allow me to also use my shell holder on the receiver once again. I'm told it reduces felt recoil dramatically... I need to get it out and see for myself.

With the flip up rifled sight... I can set up a Yellow Pages phone book against a stump, and pace off 100 yds., send a slug from off-hand... and connect, twice in a row. Good enough for this ol' 'Dog. Oh yeah... I was standing in line at the bank to cash my paycheck when one of the locals I knew turned and asked me if I wanted to buy a gun. He hadn't even shot it yet... he took $100 cash for it. I love days like that. LOL

Win1200001.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As much as I like a Remington 870... I'll never part ways with my Win 1200. They are sweet, aren't they? Love that long mag-tube on yours.

Can I stand on my back porch and light this bad boy off... like Uncle Joe says? LOL

Rossi 12ga. Side by side, exposed hammers. I'd be surprised if it's even been fired yet. Snagged it up at a LGS, it sat in the shop owner's safe for 9yrs. before I bought it. I've always had a thing for a coach gun... got me one.

Governator001.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Otay... this is the first rifle I bought for my father so we could hunt together. It started life as a wood stocked Remington 700 ADL .30-06. It's killed unknown caribou, a few moose too. I snagged up this Remington stock at a LGS for dirt cheap, slapped it on (fit good) and then bought a "Kwik-Klip" conversion from Cabelas. It now has a box magazine that drops from the gun, not just a trap door of the BDL design. I liked it so much, I've put the same kit on my own .30-06 (ADL as well) and a Remington BDL stock... so I can have them the same. This one's sporting a Leupold VX-II 2-7x32, and I have my Harris Bi-Pod on it.

Rem7003006002.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's one of those conundrums. It's NOT the darling of the firearms industry, never has been. It's got a nasty/heavy trigger on it... but, I've always liked the lines of this little .22 by Remington... called the "Viper". So, in spite of its quirks... I bought one. Except for the heavy trigger, it's not a bad little shooter.

Viper004.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok... here's one of those "I WISH I'd've bought a CASE of these things back in the day !!!" Norinco SKS with the milled receiver. I did buy a few of 'em (with the sealed tin of ammo... corrosive). This one got some aftermarket stuff put on it. It's fun to shoot, no tack driver, but minute of dear deadly. The second one, a close friend asked me to hold one for him while he saved the money to buy it from me. A year later, he was still saving... I gave it to him for Christmas. I got one rifle and one tin of ammo for $100 at the time. The third one has been cleaned (no small effort I may say)... but sits in original furniture as imported from the land of rice.

SKS002.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does ANYBODY NOT have a Winchester '94 in .30-30? (Actually, due to the serial number of mine dating it to late '40/41 production, it's a .30 WCF). Wanted one for decades... didn't want a new one with all the nanny state junk added to it... so, when I stumbled across this one in a LGS, it came home with me. Stunk of cigarettes BAD... but, with some cleaning and polishing... it's a smooth as butter and shoots a 2" group at 100 yds. with iron sights in my paws. Good enough for me.

Win94001.jpg