ATN X-Sight

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I wanted to give to a friend and let them check on their system, we shall see, the library would be an antique I think.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, just went out and bought the fastest sd CARD, CLASS 10 and is specifically made w 4 times speed for multi media. Took it out as ATN said do not reformat just use and did 4 back to back 2-30 sec videos, they all were saved properly, I will continue testing more videos thru the day. Thank everyone for their suggestions.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
good news Frank, hope it keeps going. I was going to say, could have taken card to Best Buy or another computer place, put in their machine to test :D

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
5x18 Xsight test SD ultra fast SD card, 5 of 5 videos good, so far so good, hoping for the best. Now that it is working the next videos will have correct time and dates. Sandisk, Ultra Plus 32GB micro SDHC UHS-1 speeds up to 48 MB/s 320x, remarks it is for full HD video

Tried to stabilize on a trigger stick, has audio too

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It looks like progress is being made. BANG BANG!!!

PS the 2nd video looks WAY more stable and I did not have to take motion sickness pills!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
they have a stable your video I found in youtube too as well as having it on the monopod...Thanks

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The last video looks much better (stable) with the monopod. Good to see you're getting things working.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well here is the night test, you have to reset the focus from day to night

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the one that come w it, an 850, calumniates and low med and hi power..Dave is sending me one of his to replace it...then the X sight will be good to go.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How in the world do you guys keep the MDVR that still, looks like the would have put the anti shake in the X-Sight like is on every cheap camera on the market.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm thinkin a lot of people record at 1x-3x. The 5x in HD and full color probably just makes any movement more noticeable. I know the image appears more shaky when holding bullseye with a higher magnification day scope even on the bench at the range. Also, most probably record from a tripod or solid base that the gun is braced upon.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see also it has a gyroscope that has not been added yet, that is supposed to stabilize it too.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see also it has a gyroscope that has not been added yet, that is supposed to stabilize it too.

When you mention the gyroscope "has not been added yet" do you imply that it will be added later? Will you send yours back in for it to be installed? That seems like a major component to leave out of a product that has been released for distribution.

Smitty

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They will add that to the firmware and you will download it so no need to send it back, there are several things missing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess or it is all done w software what they call firmware. As new features are developed they will release them. I understand a rangefinder is in the works too.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess or it is all done w software what they call firmware. As new features are developed they will release them. I understand a rangefinder is in the works too.

I thought the gyroscope would be an actual hardware component, but I could be wrong. Technology is moving ahead faster than I can keep up.

Smitty