ATN X-Sight

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
ok, I see what you are saying

I was out messing with mine tonight, got the low battery error, haven't checked to see if the file is corrupted but from reading over at THF I'm sure it is, also noticed I couldn't stop the recording

It was really hard for me to get the video recording to start and stop, not sure if that is because of the low battery or what, I had no idea it had a low battery until I was trying to get the recording to stop

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the buttons need to be worked a bit to get them to start and stop properly. Push once to record, then again the start and again to stop..supposed to work that way, sometimes it takes 2 -3 to stop.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Turns out after charging the batteries, they were not low. So there another issue. They were 2400mah Turnigy LSD batteries that hold right at 2400mah give or take a couple hundred mah. When I recharged them, they each only took about 250mah to be max.

So now will have to test more while recording to find out why I got a low battery indicator. Wish I would have wrote down what it said, something that it couldn't complete or something because the batteries were low.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
here we go
test 5x18 Xsight after downloading VLC media player per ATN tech...still plays in Quicktime but records every time and so far I have been able to play..2-2
Will continue testing. VLC is the program they are telling people to use that get no audio in their recording...I think all I was getting was audio before...we shall see.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just had another failure, on the phone again to ATN

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
shouldn't have to use VLC, you still haven't something wrong on your computer, configuration, file association or whatever

what is the newest issue?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
same thing worked 2 times then not the third. If it plays on the computer then does not I am thinking the computer is good and the recording is being corrupted by the scope. Today had 2 back to back perfect the 1 nogo...nothing different. ATN has no fix.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Next time hold it still. I'm getting motion sick and I think the electrons are getting scrambled while trying to line up for the picture. :D

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah when you zoom the pic is a killer and impossible to hold still w no support. Curly just mentioned I run a win 7 machine and everything may not be up to date.. BUT why would 1 video play and the next not with no changes?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or, use the bathroom before going out to record. LOL

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
frank, over on THF where you stated your problem, they said to get a different sd card

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
10-4 Dave getting one today...Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a class 10 card now, so I doubt that is an issue but still getting a new one today, I just posted a reply

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
my issue Frank, it didn't work on your 3x and now doesn't work on your 5x, I believe it isn't the X-sight

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, and then there is that! I would have to buy a new computer to see if it is my computer, not gonna do that at this time. The other variable is the card, so I will eliminate 1 at a time, hope to get a friend on another system to try for themselves and see what happens too. Still to be good 1 time and not another tells me it is the X sight and the way it is recording but I want to eliminate everything else first. Thanks for your help on this.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No sir, not as of yet, also cannot find from ATN what are the computer requirements as you would on any tech product.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ATN does not know the computer requirements?? WT Heck is that all about. Surely they have had to know what system favors their software/hardware they installed?? Knock on your next door neighbors house and ask them, library, or someone with a small business you know. Just suggestions or if all else fails drive your rear over here to the gulf coast of Tx and we will figure it out and you can go to my buddies lease or I will run you down the coast to the Colorado and see if you can hit a hog a fat hog!!! BANG BANG!!!!