Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did, will not open in QT, window movie, firefox, win media
, will not open un recognized file name .mov

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
X-Sight Air Rifle hog hunting

mounted on my tuned .25 Cal AirForce Condor PCP gun, shooting a 31gr pellet at 1070fps, should be able to crack some skulls

158595758.jpg

158595759.jpg

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I did, will not open in QT, window movie, firefox, win media
, will not open un recognized file name .mov

you've got an association problem on your computer, if it is saying it doesn't recognize .mov, that's your computer

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK after reformat the first recording attempt works, the second does not, just like before with no changes. Sorry does not say it doen not recognize .mov but the file is not recognized by anything...both are .mov files

The files are recorded one using FF to open and the other using QT, like the scope is changing the way it is recorded. The second file is like it has a music symbol and a Video icon, the first that works has the FF symbol and a pic of the Vid clip.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I would say you still have a computer, file association problem. Uninstall QuickTime and reload.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
But I think it's how your files are associated per type. Have you also tried a different card?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The scope is recording and when I look at it after I have 2 different file associations...the first works and opens in a firefox browser and works..the second tries to associate to QT and does not open even though it is set as FF and associated that way.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
should not be associated with FF. do you not have Quicktime installed on your computer??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did, just deleted it and am now reinstalling

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
but why would anything relate to firefox, playing a video has nothing to do with it from your computer? if you have quicktime installed, if .mov files are associated with quicktime, double clicking them will automatically open quicktime on your computer and start playing

if .mov files are not associated with quicktime, should use whatever program on your computer is associated with it, nothing to do with the internet, ff, etc.

if not associated with quicktime, should be able to right click, 'open with' and select quicktime and it should play

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK I associated all w QT good ones are still ok the ones that will not playt are error 2048

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Dave, it did try to repair and got it to play but it was herky jerky and tiling, a bit too fast also...so I think that tells us the x sight is corrupting files? I have a trouble order into ATN, will talk to them about what is going on. If I had someone close I would just have them record as is and try on their computer then w a new card and do the same.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
you also said that there is more than one file on the disk when it comes from the x-sight?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no the disk is mine, the x sight was already loaded and did not ask to upload the update I had put on the disk...just came on ready to go.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
no, not when it comes from ATN, when I comes out of the X-Sight....and you put it in your computer

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
The scope is recording and when I look at it after I have 2 different file associations...the first works and opens in a firefox browser and works..the second tries to associate to QT and does not open even though it is set as FF and associated that way.

^----- this

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
what still bothers me is the association with firefox...why would it say that? You're trying to play files on your computer, should have nothing to do with firefox...nothing!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah you record 1 the stop, then record another clip, there aRe going to be as many files as you start and stop or if you don't erase the ones you have recorded.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
all is associated wit quicktime now