ATN X-Sight

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sent an email to cancel my order the other day. I just received the confirmation.

Smitty

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Dave
The Photon XT can be used for day and night and from what I have seen it works out of the box.

True, and so can the Drone Pro, however both are black and white during the daytime, the X-Sight is full color. The Photon has a similar night time image from the video's I've seen. My point was just if you are going to use for day and night, the best option is the X-Sight if it worked correctly. Granted, the Photon is better than the Pulsar n750 for daytime use, I considered it pretty much useless.

I also would recommend if they resolve the issues with the X-Sight and get the manual focus working, to go with the 3x. The 5x is not really 5x optical, it is around 7x, which makes it about useless for anything less than 50 yards. Especially in hunting scenarios like TLM uses it where he gets a group of hogs up close, it would really be difficult to target others after the first shot.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My n750 works fine during the day. Gotta adjust the brightness and contrast a bit but I sighted mine it at the range mid day on a sunny afternoon.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I had both an N550 and N750, you can use them during the day, but even with adjustments, its nothing like using the X-Sight during the day:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I am out, Ultimate agreed to refund my $ and cancel a future order, it went back today. I am not pleased at all, there was great hype and promise but ATN failed, at least to me. Maybe in a year or so it will be ready to go after all the patches and run around...what a shame.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really think the X-sight is revolutionary and an excellent concept...ATN just has not gotten past the concept stage to the production level.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a 3x and a 5x in my hands now. Can't get the 3x to turn on yet so not sure what's going on there. I'll be running them through the paces over the next couple of weeks.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah mine is returned no money back yet, but all orders are cancelled...sooner or later they may work right but I am over them now..Are yours with the newest firmware?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a 3x and a 5x in my hands now. Can't get the 3x to turn on yet so not sure what's going on there. I'll be running them through the paces over the next couple of weeks.
Get a bigger hammer. LOL

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM

The 3x were basically all recalled to install a manual focus, so be a waste to test it if it isn't with manual focus.

If you can't get it to turn in, try screwing the battery cover down tighter, ATN's seem to have had problems like that with the Thor, others reported the scope shutting off with higher recoiling guns, which if they tightened down the cover it appeared to help.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Also, its not time to review the x-sight until the bugs are all worked out. There is supposed to be another firmware release next week, but i'm sure it won't have everything fixed. In a couple of months would possibly a good time to do a review. I was planning to review, but will wait until the issues are resolved.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
awaiting your review Dave!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Shouldn't be released to the public if it's not time for a review in my opinion. I'll have them for a while so will update it as progress is made.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are right TLM...you should not have to pay to be a beta tester with the nightmare that is...shame on ATN

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I agree, shouldn't have been released yet, but because of that and the issues, still not time to review, I mean how can you review something that isn't complete.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree, shouldn't have been released yet, but because of that and the issues, still not time to review, I mean how can you review something that isn't complete.

How because it is there and I have it.

Why because people are buying it and want to know. As they make changes I will update its that simple.

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took my money elsewhere. I don't have time or patience to be someone's beta tester. Now if they want to give me one to use and report issues great. Everyone that is putting all their time into helping ATN fix this thing should get their units free.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took my money elsewhere. I don't have time or patience to be someone's beta tester. Now if they want to give me one to use and report issues great. Everyone that is putting all their time into helping ATN fix this thing should get their units free.

Now THAT is the damn Truth!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ah, but ATN will continue to sell units and strangely people will continue to buy them, even folks who know that things are not working right and that the units have unresolved issues. The American public is amazing. Of course, folks in Britain are doing the same thing, so it isn't just us.

With that said, things are looking up...

Flicker is gone, but this guy can't focus.

Last edited: