ATN X-Sight

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As soon as folks learn how to use their electronics and put out videos, you are going to see a lot of hogs killed with this hopeless device.

3.7 lbs was not considered too heavy by some for a scope in the recent past and the X-sight is well under that.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
there are 3 intensity settings on the IR, low med and high..I got maybe 100yds on high, longer just to observe, lots of complicated scope settings will improve your view, contrast and such.

yes there are some adjustments, but not complicated....I can easily see to 200 yards as in dfw's video above for shots at night...I ran both my light that I make, the T20 IR and the Luna Laser, also did with the 2x on my light, not much difference...for a $620 scope, works pretty well at night

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After playing with it some I have been able to significantly improve the night image compared to what we all saw that first night. I was limited to short range last night but at 60 yards it was on par with the pulsars I have used. I do not think anyone expects this to be gen3 or thermal. Some may have had their hopes set high thinking this was something more than a entry level nv devise and so they we're disappointed. I'm still figuring out the scope but as I said in a previous post the ability to shoot 1080hd daytime video through the scope justifies the price tag, nv is just a bonus. I weighed it with the Illuminator and batteries it was 3.48 lbs which may bother some people but is a non issue for me.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
definitely, as with any digital scope, if people think they were going to get a Gen 3, they would be disappointed, it is a combination scope that gives both day and night for a budget price, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, I think for the price it will be a suitable scope for many people that either don't hunt a lot of those that can't afford more....I'm still hoping for a few fixes from ATN though, the flicker at night which some said theirs was working with V200, mine is still there and I need the crosshairs in the video recording

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Battery work around as per the ATN user forum: Just did that and I can CONFIRM. If you power unit up with AA batteries installed, THEN attach an external power source (mine is a 10,000 MAH ANKER astro 2nd gen), and THEN remove your batteries, device stays powered on. Video continued to record as well. So there you go boys, problem:solved (for the time being)

https://www.facebook.com/ATNNightVision/app_202980683107053

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I weighed it with the Illuminator and batteries it was 3.48 lbs which may bother some people but is a non issue for me.

Forgot that. You definitely have to include the illuminator as well since it is part of the package, whatever illuminator you are using.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Battery work around as per the ATN user forum: Just did that and I can CONFIRM. If you power unit up with AA batteries installed, THEN attach an external power source (mine is a 10,000 MAH ANKER astro 2nd gen), and THEN remove your batteries, device stays powered on. Video continued to record as well. So there you go boys, problem:solved (for the time being)

https://www.facebook.com/ATNNightVision/app_202980683107053

what problem is solved?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Forgot that. You definitely have to include the illuminator as well since it is part of the package, whatever illuminator you are using.

yea its heavy, but for $620 it will suit my needs which is resting on my blind window, hate to have to carry it anywhere, for some may not be an issue, but for me lighter is better, even though I just sling the gun case over my shoulder and ride my ATV, obviously I have other stuff to use if I had to walk more than 100 yards

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
external power supply is what it said

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
yea I think you posted that awhile back, but not a viable option because you have to startup scope with batteries inside, then plug in external, need an option to run both at startup or just an external

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well it still works the way the guy said for a good long run time on an external rechargeable power supply, taking the batteries out is no chore in the truck then head out. Like I said a work around till they get the thing fixed right.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
5x just before dark, unfortunately only carried with me one hunt as I carry two guns hoping to take a hog with my air rifle off the back feeder which id less than 35 yards, so didn't see anything at night to get recording.

Deer at 70 yards, watch in HD:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
For those trying to use the app you can download from Google Play for Android or iTunes for Apple IOS, if your app crashes sometimes, you're most likely using the iPhone.

Guys were saying their app was crashing over at Texas Hunting Forums, but mine doesn't crash, so I asked what phone they were using, so far it had been everyone on the iPhone. Another reason why I don't use an iPhone anymore lol.

I'm using a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 and don't have any problems so far with the app crashing.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any recent word about the 3 or the 5?? How they coming along, or should I ask this again in the middle of Summer??!! BANG BANG!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nobody has anything found out about either the 3 or 5. Are the 3s coming out and being shipped and fixed and where are the 5s at these days. Maybe this will be talked about towards the end of the year again. Both of these just got dropped like a bad habit (the issues). BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the 3's are out again, B&H Photo has them for $564 shipped.

Compressorguy

Burleson Texas
Following, the video quality looks great. This would be a feasible option for a foot in the door to nv for me. Scared to get one with the glitches though. Was sold on saving my pennies for a n750.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Supposed to be a new firmware release this week. There are couple issues that surfaced other than previously know, the 3x is losing focus when shooting with heavier calibers. I sold my 5x, 3x is on the was, but I plan to mostly use on an air rifle.

This firmware is supposed to fix crosshair positioning after zeroing. Hopefully get the night vision back to it was on V200 or better, the messed it up with V228. Flicker in night mode wasn't fixed completely for all modes. Will see when they get out.

best prices I have seen, they say in stock, however never dealt with these guys:

http://www.outdoors4less.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=atn+x-sight