Hunting Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, most ethical hunters would never suggest taking a shot about which they were not confident, regardless of the location of intent.
Your missing the point lol.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Head shots are a bad choice for animals with a brain the size of a walnut with sloped skulls! :)

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The brain size is definitely an issue, but I think all the cubic-skulled animals have failed to evolve yet, LOL. Seriously, all vertebrate skulls are curved or sloped from some perspective or orientation and usually from most orientations.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't feel comfortable most times with a head shot in a real life situation. Too many variables for me. But.... I have killed a dozen wild hogs in my holding pens with my 22 cal pellet gun. Usually their rear end hits the ground before they can blink and it's lights out. Now that it standing still at about 10', I go between the eyes and then up about 5". Only had one that didn't drop, shot her like 7 times. No brain perhaps. I don't know.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Cool video and good editing skills, but you gotta lead those porkers more. Put the dot on their nose when they are running broadside at 100 yards or less. You will hit the vitals more often that way. As they change direction from broadside to quartering you have to change your poa/lead.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like what you did to it, I think proper cheek weld and head position will help alot! Good job.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Getting rifle setup for proper cheek weld and nice feel always helps. Nice thing about a lcd screen is reticle not changed by cheek weld. Normal optics reticle depends on cheek weld. Playing shooting games on the wii will help with developing the instinctive lead needed for running shots, plus make sure the muzzle brake does not vent above the barrel will block your view for follow up shots. Rotate it 180 or using horse wrap has been suggested before. Nice video.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hard ware, are you referring the the muzzle flash being directed upward and into the view of the NV? I've found the best thing to use, besides a suppressor, is the smith interprises vortex flash hider. The A2 birdcage is terrible with my pvs 14s. It will shut them off sometimes because of how bright it is. Be careful wrapping anything around a muzzle brake. Flames come out of there and I would hate tig hear about someone with a flaming barrel catching their fields on fire!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hard ware, are you referring the the muzzle flash being directed upward and into the view of the NV? I've found the best thing to use, besides a suppressor, is the smith interprises vortex flash hider. The A2 birdcage is terrible with my pvs 14s. It will shut them off sometimes because of how bright it is. Be careful wrapping anything around a muzzle brake. Flames come out of there and I would hate tig hear about someone with a flaming barrel catching their fields on fire!
Really I never had any trouble with my A2 flash suppressor?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Put the dot on their nose when they are running broadside at 100 yards or less. You will hit the vitals more often that way. As they change direction from broadside to quartering you have to change your poa/lead.

All thing are variable with leading moving targets. Range to target, speed of target, direction of target. If you put the dot on a hogs nose running full speed at 25 yards it will most likely be a good solid hit. The same hog running full speed at 100 yards you will hit behind the hog so lead must be adjusted. Here is a video which I think does a good job showing the different types of leads.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The shooter has a clear understanding of what he is doing...I am betting he gets plenty of practice too.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
I shoot with suppressor, so no trouble for me :D . In the video the target gets blanked out after shot from flash or gasses, not sure which. The shooter in the second video's has had time behind the rifle, several different examples of ways to place the bullet in the critters path. Unless you are waiting for them to run into it by holding cross hairs still ahead of critter's path, keeping the barrel moving has worked very well for me weather its coming from behind and gaining lead or holding lead by targeting snout, eye or other body part necessary to allow the bullet to hit its mark.

Coyote running full speed 112yds with pvs14 4.5x eotech
Was trying to hit eye reflection slightly off 1 1/2 inch
yote_run_112_yds.jpg

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a really bad habit of sighting in prone. Never taking into account I've never shot prone at night, ever. It was a rude awakening to freehand my rifle this night only to realize I can't see the target. Feel & hold was sloppy. The crap I have to go through to get stuff on video for you people.

I'm also gonna practice freehand and with shooting sticks using some crappy subsonic FMJ.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is very hard to shoot using a phone screen. Targets look very small. I would rate it ten times harder than shooting through the scope.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is very hard to shoot using a phone screen. Targets look very small. I would rate it ten times harder than shooting through the scope.

VideoZoom2 App allows you to zoom in on your target. It's worth the .99 with my aging eyes (not Asian eyes) it helps me ALOT! More importantly I can keep both eyes on the screen almost like I'm playing a video game. Accept with hogs. "Pew-pew-pew!"

Status
Not open for further replies.