THERMAL SCOPE SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Ah Roger, my mind wasn't thinking about the fact that the unit needs the germanium coated lens to pass the thermal heat radiation spectrum

Last edited:

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I still love my W1000 the old girl held her own against all the new gadgets. A big GREAT job to all involved. Poor Eric did do a lot Ridding around. I spoke with him today to get some DVR cables he was too funny talking about the back and forth ridding he was doing.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The riding wasn't the issue. It was that it was rough as all get out!!! LOL The things I do for you guys

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The riding wasn't the issue. It was that it was rough as all get out!!! LOL The things I do for you guys
Keep,up,the great work Eric.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
On the Apollo, can you use with a helmet mount?

On the W1000, there is a lot of bloom, did you have the contrast really high? Does it reduce any with contrast or brightness reduction?

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor

On the W1000, there is a lot of bloom, did you have the contrast really high? Does it reduce any with contrast or brightness reduction?
Im sure you could if you really wanted to, but it would be a LOT of weight cantilevered out over your noggin and would get old really fast. I spend about half he time with my Apollo in my hands scanning, then I can put it on the rifle with one hand, in the dark if I see something interesting.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

the short answer is - No

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The bloom on the w1000 can be corrected with contrast. I actually like the bloom it makes the targets stand out to my eyes more.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want someones used clip on as soon as they get to 1000 or under...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We need to do this every year since thermal offerings and pricing changes from year to year!

I would love to do it again especially with it cold out. Would need to secure units from several manufactures. I think it would turn out well since we learned a few things last time.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want someones used clip on as soon as they get to 1000 or under...

I figure the year 2020-2025 one of my used ones will be there Frank!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Todd, If I am still alive, let talk...put me on the calendar!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well yeah I bet, on sale for $250...lol Maybe I better refine what I want for that $$

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The last event was very educational. I really got a lot out of that. Another would be terrific!

Lets start working on it then guys once SHOT is over.