Sneak peak at the newest Zeus 75mm

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Probably, haven't messed with that. Does it still show a full screen when changing margins?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
From my experience, changing margins will not change the zero.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have never messed with the margins on the zeus, but if a apollo is changing point of impact on your day scope you adjust the margins to correct.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Thanks for the heads-up on this long awaited update! I talked Andrew at Armasight today. The update is available for my Zeus 3-24x75 640. I'm sending mine in tomorrow for the new firmware.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Did Armasight give you an idea on the turn around time for the updates?

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
In my excitement I didn't directly ask. Andrew made it sound like no big deal like it would be in and out. I will call or email him in the morning.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This coyote was shot using the new firmware. I had smart scene turned completely off so the target was a little saturated I should have had it set to about 10 I believe.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was not even close to fair for that poor little fells:)!! That video should be on their site. Love their (Cutting Edge) videos of big game dropping like a sack of $#%&!!! I know folks that have been waiting this whole time for them to find a way to get bullets on the market. A friend has some loaded and if I EVER get out he has some loaded for the 6.5 also. Nice.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video footage. Almost as good as the Mark ii.

;)
Lol I guess. But being the only person to have actually looked through both I'll respectfully disagree ;)

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
One thing I noticed with the firmware in my Pro, the Gain setting goes from 0-255, but I only see change from 0-10.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One thing I noticed with the firmware in my Pro, the Gain setting goes from 0-255, but I only see change from 0-10.
Yes not much change after 10. But the pro has different firmware than this.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yes not much change after 10. But the pro has different firmware than this.

Thinking electronics, I imagine that they only need part of a word, in this case a byte, so most likely it doesn't change after 7, 0-7, 8 bits. Depends on their word size. I'll have to look at the FLIR IDD and see if they updated it. I didn't pay close enough attention to see if it changes after 7, but probably not. They can truncate what is displayed via the firmware.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I talked with them today the firmware is done all new units will ship with it, and the returned units will be updated in the time period given.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There was some miss communication all the way arround.

But the root of this problem is when I title something a sneak peak and put little stars in the first sentence saying ****This is just a sneak peak the firmware is not complete but it will be very soon.*** that should be your hint that it's not ready do not call the manufacturers.

You got to see what was coming ahead of time but because some can not seem to understand this now there will be no more sneak peaks....

I'm going to clean up this thread any more bickering will not be tolerated.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There was some miss communication all the way arround.

But the root of this problem is when I title something a sneak peak and put little stars in the first sentence saying ****This is just a sneak peak the firmware is not complete but it will be very soon.*** that should be your hint that it's not ready do not call the manufacturers.

You got to see what was coming ahead of time but because some can not seem to understand this now there will be no more sneak peaks....

I'm going to clean up this thread any more bickering will not be tolerated.
Did we get you in trouble? I'm gonna miss the sneak peaks.
Also will the new firmware be for the 336 cores as well? My buddy got a 5x 75mm 336 a little while back and the gain is aggravating.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Did we get you in trouble? I'm gonna miss the sneak peaks.
Also will the new firmware be for the 336 cores as well? My buddy got a 5x 75mm 336 a little while back and the gain is aggravating.

Get him in trouble? Lol. Todd's probably sold more armasight thermals than anyone in the country through this website.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No not in trouble everything is fine. They did not want to release the video until the firmware was complete but I talked them into it because I was excited.

Yes Keaton this is for all the Tau2 cores 336 and 640.