Sneak peak at the newest Zeus 75mm

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the technical help which is above my pay grade. I really can't see what an upgrade would improve on this unit. Was looking at jack rabbits tonight at 300 yds which were perfectly clear !!! The 5X on this unit is hard to beat in my country for hogs and coyotes .
Sorry for the short response have been totally swamped here.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Afalex posted a great video comparison of the firmware upgrade on Youtube, swapping back and forth between a Zeus with the firmware upgrade and without. I'll let him or Todd post the link as there evidently was something going on on the forum I saw it on and I'll stay out of it. Anyway, the video definitely pushed me over the edge. Now I will have to experience that "I feel naked without my thermal" feeling......

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Afalex posted a great video comparison of the firmware upgrade on Youtube, swapping back and forth between a Zeus with the firmware upgrade and without. I'll let him or Todd post the link as there evidently was something going on on the forum I saw it on and I'll stay out of it. Anyway, the video definitely pushed me over the edge. Now I will have to experience that "I feel naked without my thermal" feeling......

There was nothing going. The comments have been removed it's over.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

The video is a good example of the difference in the gain control. However, the focus was a little out on the updated scope.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The video is a good example of the difference in the gain control. However, the focus was a little out on the updated scope.
Alex what do I need to search for to see the video Thanks in advance

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got mine back today... 95% humidity prevented me from comparing image to what I was looking at before upgrade... Did notice that they took out some reticles, which sucks because there's only one reticle left with ranging capability. Also, in keeping with the Armasight tradition... Right out of the box mine would glitch. Go to main menu, click on enhancements... Nothing.. Menu disappears. Had to shut down and reboot to get it to work.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think he is asking what you mean by reboot. I take it as turning the scope off then on again.

Last edited:

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got it back from Armasight.... Image is 100% better. Used it last weekend and performed so much better. Only issue I have with update is, only have 6 reticles left and one of the ones I use is no longer on the menu. Other issue was at 8x zoom, the screen would black out then slowly come back. Didn't do that every time, but maybe 4 times throughout the weekend.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you like the new image. I'm not an expert on these scopes by any means, but this is the first time I've heard of the issue you are having with 8x. If it only occasionally happens maybe it will clear up and is a short term glitch.

I had a short term glitch with my handheld x320 where horizontal lines appeared after a battery change. They went away after about 30 minutes of use. The good news if your zeus continues to act up Armasight will take care of it for you.