Sneak peak at the newest Zeus 75mm

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
****This is just a sneak peak the firmware is not complete but it will be very soon.***

This is the latest firmware version that adds gain into the standard line this particular unit is the 75mm 3x 640 30hz with new HD lens.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well shootem'

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Haha I just sold mine ... I hope the new owner enjoys the new firmware !!! :)

Still not sure it is better than the Apex ... but it looks like it is better than it was ...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha I just sold mine ... I hope the new owner enjoys the new firmware !!! :)

Still not sure it is better than the Apex ... but it looks like it is better than it was ...

Apex as in 338 50mm pulsar?

I have looked through both units the zeus 75mm 336 is better, and this is the 640.

The pulsar is a nice looking unit for the price but the ones I looked at were no where near this detail level.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks better w/o so much wash out like before.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks better w/o so much wash out like before.

Yes and it still washes out some but that is good for picking the target out in a cluttered background. In the pro line you can completely turn that off if you wish along with adjust the gain.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The nice thing now is when it does wash when you are on the target you can still see the background..I think Armasight has a hit!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Does Armasight plan to make this available as an upgrade to current standard line owners? There is a very significant difference in picture quality.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does Armasight plan to make this available as an upgrade to current standard line owners? There is a very significant difference in picture quality.

That has not been determined at this time. But yes there is a significant difference especially for the standard line. The pro line got a performance boost also!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's is a nice looking video, almost as clear as my MK II hunter. The only thing missing was the BOOM at the end of the video.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's is a nice looking video, almost as clear as my MK II hunter. The only thing missing was the BOOM at the end of the video.
Well there is some resolution loss in the recording and upload ;) from what I've seen it surpassed the MK II. Can't comment on the MK III 60mm I have not used one yet.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well there is some resolution loss in the recording and upload ;)from what I've seen it surpassed the MK II. Can't comment on the MK III 60mm I have not used one yet.
That's true with the loss of resolution while recording. Don't know why in the world IRD decided to do that, but for my use, its a non-issue. I don't even have the ability to record yet, but I still don't have the need for the high def recordings that you do. Maybe that will be fixed in the MK III. That new Zeus is a lot improved over the original and I hope there is a plan to upgrade the current user's units...for their sake.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have gain also in the latest version firmware for my Pro 640. The Enhancements changed to :

Presets
Contrast
Sharpness
Smartscene
Gain
AGC Speed

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's true with the loss of resolution while recording. Don't know why in the world IRD decided to do that, but for my use, its a non-issue. I don't even have the ability to record yet, but I still don't have the need for the high def recordings that you do. Maybe that will be fixed in the MK III. That new Zeus is a lot improved over the original and I hope there is a plan to upgrade the current user's units...for their sake.

Think you misread my response. I was saying this 75mm looks better than the MK II's I have looked through. There was some resolution loss when uploading the file from the 75mm.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
When I take my IR Hunter Mark II and Zeus Pro, side by side, the IR Hunter looks much better in my opinion. They operate two different ways. The Zeus makes hot objects stand out more with definition of that object, the IR Hunter shows a better separation of temperatures between objects, therfore it defines all surroundings far better. That is good because I can still see trees, grass/brush, fence lines, rocks, etc, hot objects like a hog, deer or person, still show up incredibly well.

However
, with this latest firmware change to my Pro, I'll have to say, I really like the changes to my Zeus Pro. It's not like the original firmware we used a couple years ago, it's better because now FLIR/Armasight found a balance between making objects standout that are of interest and get getting good detail of the surroundings.

I sent my Pro in this time for several reasons. First was the halo issue. This, at times, made my scope totally unusable. When there was a higher humidity teamed with a certain dew point, I had to NUC every 30 seconds to see again. Apparently Armasight now has a fix, they modified mine, I haven't seen the halo yet but will test further next week.

Next, all my Enhancement menu items would change, but had no effect looking through the scope, that now works again.

I had another problem when pointing the scope up, it would restart. This appears to be fixed also.

And lastly, I could get no better than 2" high at 100 yards with the boresight. Now granted, this could be the gun mount and not scope, not all are created equal, but I could zero my IR Hunter with no problems on the same gun.

There are Pro's and cons to each. Best to decide what your main goals and needs are, test them both and go from there. I'm fortunate enough to own both.

I should be getting some hunting videos soon with the new Armasight firmware.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I take my IR Hunter Mark II and Zeus Pro, side by side, the IR Hunter looks much better in my opinion. They operate two different ways. The Zeus makes hot objects stand out more with definition of that object, the IR Hunter shows a better separation of temperatures between objects, therfore it defines all surroundings far better. That is good because I can still see trees, grass/brush, fence lines, rocks, etc, hot objects like a hog, deer or person, still show up incredibly well.

However
, with this latest firmware change to my Pro, I'll have to say, I really like the changes to my Zeus Pro. It's not like the original firmware we used a couple years ago, it's better because now FLIR/Armasight found a balance between making objects standout that are of interest and get getting good detail of the surroundings.

I sent my Pro in this time for several reasons. First was the halo issue. This, at times, made my scope totally unusable. When there was a higher humidity teamed with a certain dew point, I had to NUC every 30 seconds to see again. Apparently Armasight now has a fix, they modified mine, I haven't seen the halo yet but will test further next week.

Next, all my Enhancement menu items would change, but had no effect looking through the scope, that now works again.

I had another problem when pointing the scope up, it would restart. This appears to be fixed also.

And lastly, I could get no better than 2" high at 100 yards with the boresight. Now granted, this could be the gun mount and not scope, not all are created equal, but I could zero my IR Hunter with no problems on the same gun.

There are Pro's and cons to each. Best to decide what your main goals and needs are, test them both and go from there. I'm fortunate enough to own both.

I should be getting some hunting videos soon with the new Armasight firmware.
With your zeroing in issue. Couldn't you just move the screen margin up a lot to get it to move down more?