OK need mounts for Airsoft helmet

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well 10 months of the year we are going to sweat w anything on your head, even a scarf so it all boils down to light, cool and what works best...at least here in FL ....a shower cap over or under the helmet in the rain works well as does frogg toggs w hood

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And another Aaron stabilization job on 14 on j-arm (from his "night vision tips" sticky - read the stuff we already have guys !!!)

9UzDWD6.jpg
I thought I had read all the stickies. Thanks for the pics and will revisit.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK using the bungees in front of the helmet the sight I have is stabilized and more in line w what you can use to navigate...I think I have a winner here. Now to find a better but still affordable unit to put on the helmet.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I've seen working 3P tubes on ebay for $1200 ish ... non-working ones for around $10 ish ... 2G might be a compromise option but haven't looked for those yet.

AB NV sells a housing for $250.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I am not looking for much of a jump, mine now cost $125...so maybe ..lol

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I know ... I'm just giving u an update regarding the hunt ... a buddy got an AB NV housing with a L-3 tube and pt helmet, rino, j-arm, surefire illum, ct ir-laser and counter-weight 2 weeks ago for $2,200 ... every now and then you can find a smokin' deal. A use-able housing for $250 isn't bad ... but a working 2g tube ... would have to look for that separately.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wiga they're are only 2 pics of the tethering. Anyone care to share their pics of helmet set ups is appreciate.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Taco,
I'll make you a tether attachment point. You can have it tied down several different ways....as long as it is tied down somehow!
The ideal attachment point would be directly on the PVS-14 itself. There is one problem with that though. Whoever designed the PVS-14 made the tiedown point where it gets in the way of the power switch if you actually use it. This is what makes me use a setup like Wigwamitus posted. It is 70lbs test nylon coated steel fishing leader with aluminum crimps. I have since taken it a step further and put shrink wrap over the whole thing to make it a little more rigid. So if you make a short section and attach it directly to the 14, it gets in the way a little less, but it's still in the way.
You are running a high end dovetail system instead of a bayonet interface, so you you have reduced your risk of dropping the unit quite a a bit right there.
I'm trying to get some pics to upload, but my phone is being stubborn.
HGKSFKR.jpg

The one shown on this helmet is a Wilcox retractable lanyard. It's nice and pretty, but it is quite a bit more expensive than other options. I'm searching for a well made, small retractable lanyard that doesn't cost so much so people can have a cheaper DIY option. I am also making a nylon lanyard system that I should have done here shortly.

PRI1cOf.jpg

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Aaron thanks. You sent me a little kit like that. I think I got it done.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This has been a very helpful thread, thank for everyone participating

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tried a sporting goods store for pieces to graft in?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, Looks like the straps are permanent but I may try to find a chin cup to try.