OK need mounts for Airsoft helmet

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got an ATN digital monocular that has like a triopd threaded hole for mounting, then have an airsoft helmet. I need the rino mount to get the thing to my eye and rails for the sides to attach lights w QD rings ..thought maybe gould also attach my gopro to it? I am lost, need the mounts and rails, anyone know where cheap? Thanks

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not sure where to begin, but searching ebay will probably have all the airsoft you could imagine.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think what you need is some good Gorilla tape and a couple bungee cords. Hope that is helpful because I am here to help.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have seen the rino mounts and J arms on ebay, just not sure it will do what I want/need. How or where does a PVS 14 mount, is it w a threaded hole like for a tripod/camera? This is the helmet and the digital monocular

$_1.JPG
m7wYH2bbhiAohbVt2788EUQ.jpg

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
What brand is the helmet?

Does the shroud work for a USGI or other mount?

JOK

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lancer and USGI

Here is what I got so far for it, as far as I can tell this is what I need to attach and adjust the digital monocular. I would have done this better but this is a poor mans operation for a cheap digital monocular

s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Looks like you're making progress.

I use this on side of my helmet for admin light.

http://smile.amazon.com/Gerber-22-8...81322?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0

On the other side I use ir-illuminators. (one came with ATN PS-22, the other came with ARM CO-LR)

sHj2TwA.jpg

Both the ir-illuminators are adjustable for both intensity and beam width. Both seem to be available separately (not having to buy them with the clip ons) on eBay.

I use battery pouch from Aaron and .45acp magazines on the backs of the helmets for counter-weight. One helmet is setup for dual mount so it has more weight on the back. The other is setup for single mount so it has less weight on the back. I use TW bump helmet in the summer it is cooler with the AC holes cut in the top) and the Ops Core Ballistic helmet in the winter, it retains the heat better. With all the "crap" on there I actually don't notice the weight difference.

==
One of my setups is regular USGI mount (rino) with j-arm and it works, barely. My other mount is TATM dual mount (mod armory) and it works much better, but costs much more.

The rino/j-arm mount can be moved forward and aft and can be tilted up and down (attitude adjustment) and can be moved back and forth between left eye and right eye and with the same "swing" kind of adjustment you can sort of move it up and down a little. The j-arm mounts are "wiggly" and are known for falling off and delivering the nv device to ground level. Tethering can help with both of these issues. I had to get two j-arm mounts and cannibalize to build one that was reasonable stable. I always run singles on the left eye and tether accordingly.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, yeah I have all the lights/gear I need for it, just questioning the mounts needed. I was not going to buy a $500 helmet for a $120 monocular...probably have more money in it now than I intended to spend...lol

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
But if you setup the helmet now, like a "real" helmet. Then when you are ready to "upgrade" the monocular, you'll only have to upgrade the monocular! And in the mean time, you can practice with everything exactly the way it will be, except the monocular, sort of like a helmet/monocular training system!

I started with yukon goggles. I ran into a tree in my first few minutes of my first outing and realized MkIEB were better! I learned a lot quickly, with those Yukon goggles!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well if everything fit I think it is the same stuff I will put on a real helmet, but likely never get one.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Oh, I don't see any reason this can't be "real" helmet (with "real" stuff on it). Just the monocular would need to change one day, once you win the lottery, or get that big tax refund!

If primary purpose of helmet is a widget upon which to mount the NV monocular, then any helmet (or other headgear) that can do that is a "real" helmet. It just might not have all the other "stuff" on it like counter-weights, ir-light, white-light, tethering, so it might not be "complete".

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
real helmet $500 airsoft $36..I am poor...lol

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went with the Crye Precision Nightcap instead of a helmet. I'd rather give up head protection for breathability.

http://****.com/shop/crye-precision-nightcap™-nvg-platform/

JPK

LSB Active Member
The side mounted rails look remarkably similar to those on an Ops Core helmet. Maybe the same mounts would work. Here is a link to the Ops Core Helmet on ****'s site, you can't help but notice the similarity. http://****.com/shop/ops-core-fast-base-jump-shell/

What brand is you helmet and where did you find it. I am looking for a cheap but functional option for trial and error for when I get set up, which shouldn't be too long from now.

JPK

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

JPK

LSB Active Member
Thanks. Not a bad knock off of the Ops Core. I'd bet accessories from Ops Core will fit the side rails.

JPK

JPK

LSB Active Member
Lancer and USGI

Here is what I got so far for it, as far as I can tell this is what I need to attach and adjust the digital monocular. I would have done this better but this is a poor mans operation for a cheap digital monocular

s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg

Did the accessories in the photo on the right come with the helmet? If not, where did you find them?

Thanks,

JPK

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL @ Lancer.

Found all on ebay, let me know if you need links

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL @ Lancer.

Found all on ebay, let me know if you need links
I know you are not an ATN fan, but do you recommend the monocular? 2x or 4x (i assume 6x would be too small FOV) I'm looking for po-boy PV$-14 also.