OK need mounts for Airsoft helmet

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OSO, that is great! I thought I was redneck doing stuff like that, it is nice to be in good company! Lol

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan, I've suspected for a while that you and I think a little too much alike..... Lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You're just smarter than I am!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well I have the helmet so will put a cam on it, an IR and reg flashlight just to have for filming...will hold the sight and the IR will light things up. I sling my weapon so always have 2 hands free.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well I have the helmet so will put a cam on it, an IR and reg flashlight just to have for filming...will hold the sight and the IR will light things up. I sling my weapon so always have 2 hands free.
Frank, I keep my cameras on all the time and then just hit the record button when I need to. They have a standby time of up to 6 hrs so it has never been a problem to leave them on during a hunt. If you use the remote it turns on WIFI and then the battery draws down faster of course.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah no remote so need to just flip on, guess I can do that too.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan, I've suspected for a while that you and I think a little too much alike..... Lol
Dan, you should be afraid.

very very afraid

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cheapest place for the tripod trigger you have seen? $114 here

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no prime here and Natchez is high shipping, thanks guys

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you move and stalk a lot get the mono pod, tall.

The tripod is useful for sure, but mostly when semi-stationary.

Is it worth the weight penalty? To some yes, to me no.

It may be a little more stable, but to me it is not worth the added weight nor expense.

But really, whatever makes you happy.

Of course Rick just works out and doesn't need any of that stuff.............:rolleyes:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
BRD, I have a mono trigger and have for a long time. No where close to being as steady, more of a walking stick to me so looking to improve. Also I can hang things off a tripod and not lay things on the ground. With Nightvision gun mounted it really steady's the shot better being a tripod. I understand what you are saying though as I stopped carrying even the mono because where I hunt they are moving and usually by the time I see them and deploy they are gone. I now stabilize my AR with a sling and am much faster on the draw and just as stead as w the mono.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Since we're talking helmets can you guys show me how you tether the pvs14 to helmet or mount? I have a team Wendy ltp. Just got my Wilcox g24 today. The two bungees that attach to eachother on the front of the helmet......I see them below the mount and under. What do they do? I can see tethering the pvs14 to them, I guess? What's more likely to come off.......mount from the shroud with everything, or the Wilcox dovetail j arm with the pvs14 from the mount? Can you post some pics? If this is a hijack please delete and I will start a new thread. Just thought it might expand on the thread.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Taco, leave it, fits right in I want to hear this too

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Aaron tethering job on 14 on ICNV dual mount ... note you need to tether with the 14 down and not make it too tight.

loI2p30.jpg

Last edited:

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
And another Aaron stabilization job on 14 on j-arm (from his "night vision tips" sticky - read the stuff we already have guys !!!)

9UzDWD6.jpg

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Tether the 14 to the helmet.

On the j-arm, the rubberband is just stabilization NOT tethering. The tethering must tether the 14 to the helmet.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I agreed with this until the cheap helmet mounting plate broke dropping the pvs. For me it was sitting in the seat so no damage would hate to see it break and drop to the ground.

Last night, in the rain I wore balaklava under the OpsCore ballistic helmet and my head stayed dry despite being rained on steadily for 90m. Had I worn the TW helmet, my head would've gotten wet. So for me, there is a use case for "solid" helmet, that doesn't involve hogs shooting back! But in general, the TW helmet is much easier to adjust, with the quick release tension knob and the venting via the holes in top is great for hot weather. They both have solid use cases in my world, hence I'm glad I have both!