Let's see em! Hog rifles...

Berenger80

Is that a new stock on it though? Here's mine.

Win94002.jpg

Nice! Super clean too! I can't account for the stock, my dad said it was like that for as long as he can remember. Possibly it was a factory addition or perhaps put on by the guy my grandpa bought it from in the early 1900's.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It looks too shiny/new to be that old, and I don't recall seeing that type of stock on a Win '94 of that age... that's why I asked. Great lookin' ol' rifle.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
here is my 94 before i added a scope. its a 1973 date from my serial number. i love shooting it. runs perfectly. i have a couple hand loads that are great at 100 yards

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing wrong w a 30-30, it has taken more game animals in N America than all the other calibers put together, at least from what I have read.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have heard that a few different places. interesting piece of information if it could be proven

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing wrong w a 30-30, it has taken more game animals in N America than all the other calibers put together, at least from what I have read.

I've read that as well, heck, it's been around forever, and who hasn't owned/shot one, or hunted with one?

i have heard that a few different places. interesting piece of information if it could be proven

Yet, even though the 6.8 is about on par with a .30-30... some still think you're under-gunned with one. "?"

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i don't think you could really be under gunned in the us with a 6.8. i have a friend taking his on a moose hunt

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i don't think you could really be under gunned in the us with a 6.8. i have a friend taking his on a moose hunt
I promise you, MANY Alaskan Moose have been taken with a .223 and smaller. Back in the 80's (in Kotzebue), "status" amongst many of the local hunters was their ability to hunt with small caliber guns... even as small as the .17 Remington. I almost bought one of those, it was a Sako, fine rifle.

That whole notion of not being able to clean your gun with a .22 cleaning rod just never set well with me. LOL

Berenger80

It looks too shiny/new to be that old, and I don't recall seeing that type of stock on a Win '94 of that age... that's why I asked. Great lookin' ol' rifle.

It looks older in the light, not to beat this subject to death or anything. haha.

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 10

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great lookin' rifle, just never seen that type of stock on an old lever action before. Most cool.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Are you not happy with the POF original equipment?

I like the POF and actually use it more because the Pulsar N750 can record the hunts. I have some options I'm going to do this year, I built a gun with a Bison 6.8 BSP (Bison Subsonic Platform). I will be shooting the 200gr Woodleigh bullets. Will definitely be necks, unless there is more than one hog, then its shoot like crazy lol.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know Afalex and Eddie use some hand cannons. Eddie has a. 45/70 gov pistol :). And I've killed a few with my 1911 and .44 mag.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is one big hand cannon

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OH that is a Hog Slammer!

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
I just bought a Ruger Super RedHawk in .44 mag. Waiting on the scop to get it up and running,,,,,,BLASTING hogs!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had a 6" raging bulk but I ended up trading it for 2 t/c encore rifles. That 454 drove me nuts. I tried to load rounds 100 different ways but no matter what I did I couldn't get good results. Most of the time I would fire one off and it was unburnt powder everywhere and a bullet lodged in my barrel

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love that camo pattern. I have been looking at the Hoyt carbon element in the same pattern.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My newest addition to my 6.8 collection a IronWorks Tactile upper with 16" *** barrel Samson Evolution hand guard chrome BCG with *** super bolt Black Rain billeted receiver and Bravo Co. Handle. Mounted on a *** lower.
IronWorks7_zps1912054e.jpg