Just pulled the trigger on an IR Patrol

Louis Richards

LSB Member
Here are your only 4 posts you made...

Louis have you called NCS, Ident, or Third Coast and told them your wants? I have a feeling you're gonna keep buying S andfinding it's not what you want

(Made absolutely no sense, you got two likes on it, and I don't know why, because it wasnt relevant to anything that anybody was discussing. Statement based on its own merits sounded great... If only it had a relevance to the thread )

I thought it was over. I really did. I even went out and got drunk to celebrate the end of this thread. Yet, it lives.

( And you call what I said " verbal wankery" after spewing forth that junk???)

I never thought about how complicated my Zeus was until now. Power on, shoot hogs, power off. Hmm. 99% of the time it stays white hot with the same reticle, with no additional magnification.

( once again, pure sarcasm, didn't read my statement, basically repeated my own sentence of 99%)

Louis your posts about you reading this and that are just so much verbal wankery. It's a shame to me that said wankery is dominating the nv/thermal forum. You're an annoying guy. I wish you'd pipe down for awhile

(I'm talking verbal crap, but everything you say is supposed to be obvious wisdom from a very wise man, throwing his in-depth experience and intellect around to share with others)

All of the above spells trouble maker, youre trying to start something.

Last edited:

Louis Richards

LSB Member
Closed on the new house. Uhaul. Moved. Blah blah.

Walked property last couple nights. No shots fired yet. But this I have already learned.

1. Ar15 too heavy OR I need get in shape!

2. Eyepiece Patrol constantly fogs but not my Mod3 (very cold and moist)

3. Mod 3 even in pitch black moonless night and in woods with thick overhead...still produces pretty nice view.

4. Menu Patrol: Would be nice to see what's chosen at a glance without going in to each feature. Once chosen, it should highlight so you can see from L1-4 without having to scan down and go into option.

5. My batteries with a ten year shelf life is horse ****. 80% dead on use about 5-7 years old. Patrol NEEDS a 18650 rechargeable.

6. Distinct finger print inside lens guessing front lens. That removable??

7. Battery extender should cover all threads that original cap covered not just oring. Metal exposed.

8. Had cut metal lanyard for extender? Now that's just plain dumb

9. Every once in a while I get a static burst thru display Patrol. Only at 30 not 60