SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Couple of BIG hogs there too Strutter !

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
THAT... looks like a mess of BBQ fixin' to happen!

D

djones

i was so angry about mr. T not helping with my banner i forgot to turn on the video
bang_zpsubn0aphl.gif

it wasn't enough he banned me from the gtg... that he didn't even attend, but he has to shame me with multiple scarlet letters now.

so all i have is a pic. i stalked these for longer than i cared to... painstakingly slowly because there wasn't much wind and the peanut trash was crunchy. you have to be part indian to do that. three quick shots and three dead pigs. i wish y'all could have seen it. thanks a lot frankTTTTT!!!!!!!

IMG_1190_zpstpo6kxxu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see you found a use for your snares. lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That mean s.o.b. was spitting nuts and bolts!!!!

D

djones

OinK went out solo whilst i wuz deer huntin. i think he dus bedder w/out me :(

he picked up this hog from across the field. it was too crunchy to walk thru so he skipped across the tops of the fence posts. hog never thought to check for that and before it knew what was going on... SPLAT.

p1.jpg

OinK is so stealthy on these maneuvers that another hog walked in during the photo shoot. he quickly covered himself with dirt and the hog walked right over him. OinK lept to his feet like someone poked their thumb up his rear and put the hog in a choke hold. hog tried to tap but OinK put him to sleep and then boot stomped his head. yeah... he's THAT guy!!! some of y'all would do well to remember that when you're making fun of me cuz i'm his best friend.

p2.jpg

this was the best deer i saw. still a little early.

deer.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
20161111_021251crop.jpg

No video for this guy. He had a bad front foot (swollen) and walked with a limp. We approached from several hundred yards out, but there was the near full moon at our backs. We stalked from tree to tree, trying to stay in the shadows which was difficult as there were few trees. We made it as far as we were going to go and took our shot. At least one round hit and the boar took off. After he settled on a direction to run, we managed to hit him multiple times before he went down. While the shots connected, I think the lead was too small as neither of us realized that he was over 250 yards away, ending up with at least 4 shots through his hip area and hind legs. He tried one last time to get up and a shot to the spine put him down.

185 lb Boar
6.8 SPC, IR Hunter MKII, 640
6.5 Grendel, Armasight Zeus 2, 640
125-250 yards

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice!. Can't believe djones didn't ask where you got that LSB patch.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those patches are everywhere, and been everywhere... even out on the Arctic Ocean!!!

LSBPatch_zpse7806f29.jpg