Frog Lube

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Turtle cream gets a 2 thumbs up from me also!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
What kind of engine oil do you guys prefer?

Mix 70% 0-40w Mobil 1 to 30% TCI Synthetic Transmission Fluid.

Any of the motor oils are too thick by themselves for general purpose use for all weather conditions in my pinion.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Our range staff just posted a warning in our bulletin that they have had multiple malfunctions due to frog lube. Said it turns gummy over time and weapons failed to cycle. I don't know,,, never used it.

The Marine Corp now uses Slip2000.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
OK boys, ya'll go to your corners and take a deep breath. Dave, send me your unused FL and I'll try it and give another opinion on its effectiveness.

I can do that. PM me your info. Heading to Texas tomorrow, but will send when i get back, have both paste and liquid.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Marine Corp now uses Slip2000.
I,used some Slip2000 on my LWRC when I cleaned yesterday it came with rifle. Seems like good stuff. I am not sure if I am leaving too much FL CLP but parts seem sticky after it sits. My new smith uses it and he ie retired Marine.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FL will be sticky when not purified of all petroleum product in the first place or some is added after treatment

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FL will be sticky when not purified of all petroleum product in the first place or some is added after treatment
So as I use it the oil will go away and there will be less stickiness

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes but it will take a lot of time. If you prepare the gun/parts properly from the beginning, degrease, get all the oil out, then heat and treat twice w FL you will not have the issue.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I,used some Slip2000 on my LWRC when I cleaned yesterday it came with rifle. Seems like good stuff. I am not sure if I am leaving too much FL CLP but parts seem sticky after it sits. My new smith uses it and he ie retired Marine.

Yes LWCR ships and recommends slip2000.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is organic and not oil based. AJ my smith likes better than FL we will see. What it did do is remove more carbon that the carbon cleaner and the CLP from Fl I was way surprised. This is my first ceracote weapon so it way diffent.

dman62

LSB Member
Frog Lube paste smells just like TC Bore Butter, so I'm not suprised it works well in blackpowder guns.