Frog Lube

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sciatic nerve, will try anything, she uses voltaren now a script gel
I'd use it on the part of the back causing the pinching of the sciatic nerve to help with joint inflammation in that area... a good chiropractor too maybe? Hope it brings some relief.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll look into it too. If it helps me drag a dead critter without hurting, it's worth trying.
I hope it brings you some help/relief, let me know how it works for ya.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
What oil stripping solvent did you guys use prior to use ?

Are you guys using this on your BCG surfaces without any other products ?

How about feed ramps and barrel rifling, etc?

I assume it's safe for melonite treated surfaces too?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frog Lube sells a solvent to strip, although, brake cleaner will do.

Yes, I am using it on my BCG w/o other products... not enough rounds through it to confirm though.

Yes, feed ramps and rifling as well.

Yes, ok for melonite treated surfaces. Confirmed from H. "Bull frog" (different product) is not ok.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do... about ready to call it a night. One day, I hope to set my sights on a hog.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, maybe we could ship some hogs up your way and turn them loose. BRD has one now he may part with.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Frog Lube sells a solvent to strip, although, brake cleaner will do.

Yes, I am using it on my BCG w/o other products... not enough rounds through it to confirm though.

Yes, feed ramps and rifling as well.

Yes, ok for melonite treated surfaces. Confirmed from H. "Bull frog" (different product) is not ok.

Don't use brake cleaner on melonite, it will also discolor it

SBratsen

I love the stuff. After using it 1 time, I bought the solvent spray and paste. I threw away all of my other cleaning solvents & oils.
And yes it is food grade & edible. Its good on a cracker.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love the stuff. After using it 1 time, I bought the solvent spray and paste. I threw away all of my other cleaning solvents & oils.
And yes it is food grade & edible. Its good on a cracker.
Tastes a lot like chicken

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Only place I ever used it was in my side charging bolt carrier to keep the dust off while hunting.

I no longer use it, I found something that I believe is better, Slip2000 EWL.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I have no reason to use it either since I have over 4,000 rounds with no failures using Hoppe's gun oil.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TCD I had that same thought at first but after seeing the many tests, results, plus being given a sample to try I made the switch. There is really nothing better and I use it as much for the corrosion protection here on the Gulf Coast as much as for its lube capability. I did want to get away from petroleum products but still open a hoppes bottle to smell it...lol I doubt many of us run a gun as hard as the SEALS do and that is really who it was developed for by one of their own.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
My issue with froglube is cold weather performance. So those using it, don't put too much on. I seen people put it on and just coat the crap out it. What happens in cold weather is it freezes up and may cause light primer strikes. Even in warmer weather it gets tacky.

Slip2000 is rated down to -110 degrees. You can watch videos of froglube paste freezing rock solid on youtube and also light primer strikes. Is this the tell all, no.

My issue was out Varmint hunting with froglube, rising the ATV, cold weather, and the froglube was very tacky and made the action cycle hard by hand. Froglube even states to use sparingly in cold weather. I think this is true for warmer weather also. I applied it with a heated part and wipe off any excess.

I believe froglube is still a good lubricant and protectant, but for all conditions I think there are better choices like slip2000 EWL.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If there was a problem in the winter then it was user error, FL is approved for Artic conditions

How do I use FrogLube in cold weather?
Always follow manufacturers instructions for your firearm. FrogLube is designed for arctic use. When you follow FrogLube directions, your lubricant is contained “within” your firearm, not “on” it. You should “winterize” your firearm before the onset of cold temps. Use FrogLube “Dry – Clean” Solvent to remove excess lube and protectant film. Wipe Dry. Use FrogLube CLP lube very sparingly. Your firearm is now ready for cold temperatures. For comprehensive instructions, follow the guidance provided in professional manuals such as the US Army’s Field Manual FM 31-70, Chapter 6. Excerpt; “DURING THE WINTER, WEAPONS MUST BE STRIPPED COMPLETELY AND CLEANED WITH A DRY – CLEANING SOLVENT TO REMOVE ALL LUBRICANTS AND RUST PREVENTION COMPOUNDS.”

Click here to open the Basic Cold Weather Manual FM 31-70

- See more at: http://froglube.com/froglube-product-info/froglube-questions-answers/#sthash.JGkaiGnU.dpuf

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tastes a lot like chicken

I was at a brown water navy veterans anniversary party with his wife of many years.
My job on the buffet line was to use tongs to get the chicken out of the roaster and put it on the Chinet plates.
As the people would come thru the line I would ask them how many pieces they wanted.

They seemed very interested and smiling until I told them it tasted just like chicken.

All of it was chicken of course, but that phrase brought sheer terror to many.

That was twenty years ago and I am still laughing.

We had a LOT of 'chicken' left over.