Firearms picture thread.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just built a custom .243 and its a laser beam. It was built to shoot 100-115 gr'rs and I am really happy with it. So far its a 1/4 MOA gun out to 750 yards.

specs? if you dont mine?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I got a sig 1911 scorpion custom and a sig p220 stainless and hey had their range day. Factory ammo, 35 feet

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was beyond amazed it shot so well

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
specs? if you dont mine?

Stiller TAC 30 AW action in southpaw, 24" Kreiger MTU 1:8 twist 5R, Manners T4A stock, Stiller DBM, Night Force 5.5x22 MOAR and a Templar Archangel suppressor. The stock was painted buy Todd @ usgunworks. All the machining work and Cerakote was done by Scott Weichel. I am loading 105 Berger hunting VLD's with H4350 and Lapua brass @ 3072 FPS. So far I have shot a .075" group at 100 yards and 1/4 MOA at 750 yards.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A good .45 is so hard to beat
Amen 'dat !!!

45s001-1.jpg

Yes, those are ivory... and no, not for sale. LOL
45s004.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice ivory there dog.
Thanks... I purchased 'em back in the early 90's when I bought the Colt. I thought I'd lost 'em during a move, when I had gun cleaning stuff in a brief case that went missing from the bed of the truck. Fast forward 20 yrs., I found 'em wrapped up in paper towel in a shoe box I had some coins in. LOL It was like Christmas that day !!!

That Colt was hangin' on my side when I went through my Instructors' Update and Recert course in '91 at the S&W Academy (Springfield). I purposely brought it, and NOT my model 686. Had too much fun during that course. I'd paired up with another feller that suggested to me on day one's end... "tomorrow, nuttin' but head-shots on the silhouette target"... by day's end, (sharing the same target) we had a hole the size of a grapefruit on the head... moving/shooting, stationary, speed draw drills from various distances. We had a ball... and, that Colt never skipped a beat, gobbled up everything I fed it, and faithfully spewed out the bones. THAT was a FUN trip.

The last day of class was the test, and they announced that we were free to go after lunch, but, that anyone wanting to have a little fun (after lunch) come on back. I was the ONLY one that showed up after lunch. I got marched to the basement's indoor range and left to my own devices at a table... and, was told there was only ONE catch... I had to load all the mags myself. What was on the table? A varied array of calibers/platforms of full-auto toys !!!! And, all the "free ammo" I wanted to load/shoot. No waiting and taking turns, no sharing lanes with anyone else... just ME... and all that goodness !!!! It was a GOOD afternoon.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
built up a long range rifle for deer or whatever I have a tag for....its a 6mm BRX, its a wildcat, so takes a bit to load up, fireform, etc.

It sports a ************** 6mm BRX barrel, Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm FFP scope, etc.:

original.jpg

152908425.jpg

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love the brx, got my barrel today

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I really wanted one of the 6BRXs, but I passed for the 270AR H is working on now. BHW is coming out with a 25x6.8 and that is giving me fits also... I really think the 6.8 case will shine under a 25cal bullet, good BC on the heavies and lots of hunting and varmint options on the lighter end.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea I'm waiting on the 270AR also, think it will be a great cartridge. I got the 6BRX for long range stuff, I have a mule deer hunt in mid November here in New Mexico, the unit a lot of open country, requiring long shots. Heading to the range today sometime to fireform the 100 rounds I loaded. Also testing my 6.8 BSP 200 grainer subs with my SBR and suppressor, it is a short Bison sub barrel.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
built up a long range rifle for deer or whatever I have a tag for....its a 6mm BRX, its a wildcat, so takes a bit to load up, fireform, etc.

It sports a ************** 6mm BRX barrel, Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm FFP scope, etc.:

original.jpg

152908425.jpg

Got out today and fire formed 100 pieces of brass, lost only 1 that split.
I used Speer 90gr bullets (they were the cheapest lol), 30 grs of Varget, 2.17"
Here is pics of the process:
left to right;
neck expanded to 6.5mm using Sinclair expander die and E26 mandrel
resized using 6mm BR die set at approx. .100" above shell holder
loaded round for fire forming
case after fire forming

medium.jpg

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That BRX should make a great Mule deer gun! I love my 6mms, have shot a ton of hogs and deer with a 243win

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Couple I'm going to try on hogs this winter

11.5" 6.8 Bison BSP (Bison Subsonic Platform), shooting 200gr Woodleigh's, subsonic:

152958201.jpg

12.5" **************, for supersonic use:

152958204.jpg