Bushnell Equinox

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha.....sounds like something I would do. That being said...I'd rather not. Has to be a solution.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Write CS at Bushy and ask for one, your broke, someone stole it, whatever, it was not in the box

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good idea. I just did that now. We will see what happens!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Helps to whine and cry a little, maybe have one of the young guys here call for you....

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I told them I was friends with you and Wigs and so I should be expecting my weapons mount any time now!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That just may work! Wiggy is the best to use

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or, you could've dropped my name and get charged double. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did finish the letter with..."and I don't even know Ratdog"

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did finish the letter with..."and I don't even know Ratdog"
Somebody's britches be burnin'... and I ain't talkin' bean-fuel either. You'd best get them beads spinning for THAT doozie.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
so did you call or send an email...call them now, I am dying to know and then get 2

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got off the phone with Mark @ Bushnell. $30.07 shipped USPS to me. Call their 800 #. He says part # is 260600.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go...Thanks!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome job Pootie! I must have one.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Ok, still trying to test out several gadgets. I mounted a bunch of them on my .308WIN bolt gun, which I'm now designating my "test" gun. In this particular configuration, I decided to call it "Frankengun" because it has so much crap on it.

jHDwGDFh.jpg

But goals for this configuration are to test:

01 - Bushy 4.5x monocular on rifle mount behind Bushy TRS-32 dot sight in the day time.
02 - Bushy 4.5x monocular on rifle mount behind Bushy TRS-32 dot sight at night, with enhancement form t-20 ir-illuminator if needed.
03 - T10N thermal as a sight on the rifle at night.

I just went out and tried to zero in the day time. The sun is right in my eyes. I adjusted hat and got off three rounds.
For the first round I first tried to center the dot from the TRS in the center of the view of the Bushy 4.5.

G01 - 1 rd - 10yds - 9 inches left and a bit low.
Ok, way left, but that is why I started at 10yds !!!
BTW, I am using the blue plastic german DM18A1B1, 10gr, 4000 fps ammo. Which is decent short range testing ammo. It runs 20 cents per round.
So made some adjustments. These "turrets" are like other cheap scopes I've seen, you remove the caps and turn with a dime (or penny).

HoTagUzh.jpg

G02 - 1 rd - 10yds - 1 inch left.
So much better, cranked an eighth of a turn right and moved to 25yds.

G03 - 1 rd 25yds - 1 inch left.
So we're on track. I ran out of time and came in. Will go out again when I get a work break. One advantage of working from home, is I can run out a test fire when needed!

more to come ...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This could certainly be an alternative to digital night vision, I think you are on to something. Is your dot still centered in the Bushy? Would the 3x version give you a larger field of view and work as well?

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Ok the Bushy is already 4.5x behind the TRS-32 ... so already we have "too much" magnification for most purposes as this is probably optimal at under 200yds. I say that because if I ever hunted with this setup I would use Hornady 125SST bullet with "LITE" load which IIRC is good for deer out to 200yds.
But we do not want MORE magnification, actually we want less. If I had it to do over, I would probably get the 3x that RSD got as from an optical perspective 3x is better. But the 4.5x had a bit more distance and had the rifle mount and had the internal video. If willing to use t-20 (under $50 from amazon) as an alternate longer range illuminator, then relying on the internal illuminator is not an issue. And none of my other i2 scopes have video, so I could live without that. I'd get the 3x, or a 2x or even a 1x if they had them, but right now, I would get the 3x.

The dot is not centered now. I first centered it and then was way off to the left (as you can see in the pic) and then had to adjust to move it close to the aiming point (the center piece of tape).
I want to try to see if I can target shoot with this out to 300-400yds but that will require some "manipulation" and switching to the 125SST ammo which is much more $ per round. So will be trying with the 10gr plastic ammo out to 100yds first, wind permitting.

I need to get a mini card for this thing so I can take some video!

==
Note I also have the t10n on there and want to see if I can get out to 100yds with that. But it will require making a large thermal target. But that's what that water bottle in the pic is supposed to help with :).

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
SO get the 3x(same mount will fit?), any red dot or Halographic sight, the mount and you are good to go? I am shooting 40-125yards.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
8148SxXb-iL._SL1500_.jpg
Yes the mount will work with the Bushnell Equinox Z 3x monocular. It has the same housing as the 4.5x less the extra "4th" button which operates the internal video recorder on the 4.5x but which is not present in the 3x.

As to "any" red dot. I would say "yes but" you need to have a reasonable match to the height of the Bushy 3x height above rail. Just a rough measure seems to be about 1.6 inches from the top of the rail to the center line of the site. I figure any "standard AR" dot sight should be about the right height.

And the mount for the Bushy 3x needs to be ordered separately per the Pootie posts above.

==
I tried again outside just now, still too much sun. But I have a start on my zero, so once sun goes down I should be able to push out pretty well. Just that blue plastic ammo doesn't do well in much wind, so I might have to switch to real ammo at some point.