Armasight Zeus review-D grade to date

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Already is. The latest sold have 2.7.2, you should have in the pro. Anything that you can change contrast, sharpness, smartscene , etc, is 2.7.2.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Already is. The latest sold have 2.7.2, you should have in the pro. Anything that you can change contrast, sharpness, smartscene , etc, is 2.7.2.
I was meaning the 3 different settings for the automatic gain. I have a pro but it's back at armasight getting a few things worked out. I was wondering if this means armasight is going to be putting a way to change the auto gain.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This was FLIR's release notes for the 2.7.2 core for those interested:

original.jpg

That is great news!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That is great news!

Well yes and know. That was the release for 2.7.2, which is what we have in our new scopes, but...why don't we have screen presets?

Many of those features I thought we were supposed to have if we really have 2.7.2. But it doesn't say that in our scopes.

I have a message in to Armasight to find out what the deal is. The good thing about flir rs owners, got can update your scope yourself.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
V----r does check in here. He gave me grief on AR15.com about something I wrote on here about taking his advice "with a grain, maybe a pound of salt" just the other day, and he actually quoted that part of my post.

JPK

I saw that post on the other site and now I have a much fuller understanding of it. Did not make sense at the time.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No all the new flir cores do this.
I wonder if armasight still has or is shipping there 336 models with the older software ?

My local dealer just got a 336 /42mm that seems to have better detail imagery then two of his zeus pro 100s.

How do you get the unit to display its current firmware version ? And what is the version currently supposed to be ?

Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What was the price point on the 336?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have not bought the unit and have not confirmed any pricing with him. I expect it would be several thousand cheaper than zeus pro 100

Chthump, How do you get your unit to display which firmware version it possesses?

Honestly at this point I'm not sure if knowing which firmware update Will actually tell me anything or not?

My local dealers trying to help get to the bottom of this as well but I just figured some of you guys would know what was going on?

Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree those units are good but like everything else passed by from newer technology, they should be very affordable.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree those units are good but like everything else passed by from newer technology, they should be very affordable.
I didn't think the zoom setting on the 336 was very usable at all it seemed to shrink the field of view down considerably. More so than the Zeus pro 100. But I could be wrong about that since we were looking out across open territory and I didn't have a good frame of reference. I just want a little more time behind the wheel.

Unfortunately I did not have a live hot target to view several hundred yards away.

We also have a north wind with clear skies and low humidity right now and I know those were the optimal thermal conditions.

The bad news is I have deer depredation permits right now and he cannot go this week.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, seems the price is coming down, 3-3500 would be a buy

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The current cores do not have the auto gain settings yet Flir just released it for their cores last Friday there will be a trickle down effect to the companies that use the Flir cores.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Will this be something the end user can update themselves with their armasight?

Thanks.

No it will be something armasight has to do.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can't do it even w the new WIFI they have in the PRO units??