Armasight Zeus review-D grade to date

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
While our standard Zeus 336 42mm looks to have a higher detailed image on landscape, I feel like the pro has a better target image.

Does the Zeus pro have a different core processor or different software from the standard Zeus models that is washing out the background as being described in this topic? I thought the only real difference currently between the pro series was higher weapon hp rating, and different size lenses.

Thanks.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
No all the new flir cores do this.

Isn't he describing like Wildflower said above? With 2.7.2 core you lose some of the detail as described in this thread? You can get hogs to really stand out but vegetation isn't as detailed.

So he has a 335 Zeus with the previous core and the Pro with 2.7.2. Will definitely look different.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Isn't he describing like Wildflower said above? With 2.7.2 core you lose some of the detail as described in this thread? You can get hogs to really stand out but vegetation isn't as detailed.

So he has a 335 Zeus with the previous core and the Pro with 2.7.2. Will definitely look different.
That's correct, our older Zeus looks to be more detailed on the environment than my pro does. But the targets have more detail than the standard Zeus.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I guess that explains why an older 336 core looks very good when compared against the new Zeus pro.

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, do you think you guys who are posting videos could somehow annotate the video to specify the settings the devise was programmed to during the filming of the video. Contrast, brightness, scene enhancements ect.

Or maybe you could just make a consolidated tutorial video that talks about when to use certain settings for certain environmental conditions for best total image.

Thanks.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It sounds like this should be viewed as an improvement to make hot object targets stand out much better than before.

Do you run the risk of shooting at a hog through vegetation at night that you didn't even know was there?

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In the video I posted in the video section of my first hunt with the Pro I had the contrast on 2 and the sharpness on 0 and the smart scene at 0.
I'll be working on making a video showing the different enhancements once I figure them out lol. For some reason to me when I'd turn the sharpness up it almost seemed to get more out of focus, I think I just turned it up too high causing it to get grainy.

But yes this is an improvement on the shooting side of it and target ID. The compass built in really helps with being aware of what you're shooting at so I don't believe there's a risk of not knowing what is beyond your target.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess that explains why an older 336 core looks very good when compared against the new Zeus pro.

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, do you think you guys who are posting videos could somehow annotate the video to specify the settings the devise was programmed to during the filming of the video. Contrast, brightness, scene enhancements ect.

Or maybe you could just make a consolidated tutorial video that talks about when to use certain settings for certain environmental conditions for best total image.

Thanks.

I just play with the settings before the hunt until it looks best for me at for that paticular night. Sometimes I can go the whole hunt without changing other times it's every 30min. I try to get it to look the best for video not something that is necessary for the typical hunter.

It sounds like this should be viewed as an improvement to make hot object targets stand out much better than before.

Do you run the risk of shooting at a hog through vegetation at night that you didn't even know was there?

You can see the background and vegetation still on most nights its just a lighter shade not totally gone. Only on the worst of coditions does the background totally dissappear. But in those conditions all the thermals not just the new flir cores loose the landscape. Thermal can't see it if it's all the same temp.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What does "Tschuss" mean?

In Northern and Eastern Germany, tschüss is a standard goodbye in all but official situations.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
How do they say "don't let the door hit ya where the God lord split ya" in Northern Germany?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see that you are sponsored. That is without question a conflict of interest. Your forum is a sham. And that's really too bad. Armasight should pay attention to who speaks for their product and be completely transparent.
I 'm just an individual consumer & hunter trying to sort out a problem. No conflict here- I just want a good product, or help figuring out what went wrong. It seems that's not what this forum is about. Take your sponsored comments, and....... realize that the truth will eventually come out and you will lose credibilty. I'm done here. Over and out.

I guess we are not trying to keep from being rude now lol.

Sir you never listed what your problem was everyone here attempted to help you, they asked for info, you failed to provide any info or provided extremely limited info.

I am nothing but truthful and do my best to help fellow hunters here. You are welcome to your opinions if you do not like it here that's fine.

If you are just a hunter looking for help like you claim to be which I am highly suspect of. Then you need to answer when people try to help you.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
never once did we see what the problem was from bimini, no pics, no video, hey it appeared to me he was from another vendor or forum sent here to degrade armasight. I got no dog in the hunt so that is what it appeared to be from an outsider... Let us see pics and video of the issue and the emails to and from armasight trying to fix the issue, otherwise you have NO credibility.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
never once did we see what the problem was from bimini, no pics, no video, hey it appeared to me he was from another vendor or forum sent here to degrade armasight. I got no dog in the hunt so that is what it appeared to be from an outsider... Let us see pics and video of the issue and the emails to and from armasight trying to fix the issue, otherwise you have NO credibility.
Exactly my opinion.
I just got off the phone with armasight about an issue I'm having and they've been some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. They all were familiar with my scope and the problem and THEY asked me for my contact information so they could tell me what caused the issue.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Kinda sounded like someone from a night vision company. Won't say the name, but it starts with a V. We will always have trolls.

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
Kinda sounded like someone from a night vision company. Won't say the name, but it starts with a V. We will always have trolls.

V----r does check in here. He gave me grief on AR15.com about something I wrote on here about taking his advice "with a grain, maybe a pound of salt" just the other day, and he actually quoted that part of my post.

JPK

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
V----r does check in here. He gave me grief on AR15.com about something I wrote on here about taking his advice "with a grain, maybe a pound of salt" just the other day, and he actually quoted that part of my post.

JPK

That's pretty lame.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've received a few PM's asking about my DVR's and cables from new members and when I sent a message back about what scope, how they plan to use, they never answered and don't think they've been back. Wonder who they were, bet they were dealers, vendors. Especially since one was to release a new dvr.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
This was FLIR's release notes for the 2.7.2 core for those interested:

original.jpg