Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
amazing they are that close!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have to say my original Elusive Wildlife charger was the best I got, the ones from china w the batteries are very slow.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
ok frank, here you go

these are for the 3100 mah batteries

discharge from a full charge:

157966797.jpg

charge, from a discharged batteries

157966782.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go, close to the ratings!

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Nice!
Now the BS numbers on the chi-com batteries can be shown to be fake & the no BS real numbers from legit companies can be proven as well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Almost all the batteries or components are Chinese, I am thinking my batteries are close to Dave's.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
The batteries above are Japanese Panasonic cells, same as hard_ware suggested.

Test some of of yours Frank. Charge them fully up, put back in charger and cycle through the mode button until you get discharge, when finished flip the display button until you can see mah. Then you can charge and read them there also.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK will try it...not sure how since I cannot find all displayed you are talking about.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Here is the process

1. Unplug the power cord from the charger
  2. Put the batteries in you want to test
  3. Plug in the charger
  4. It will go through a quick self-test, then the upper portion of the display will start flashing
  5. Hit the 'Mode' button, each press will cycle through the items, charge, discharge, refresh, test, etc. Make sure you change this before it stops flashing.
  6. Stop on 'Discharge', then just leave it. The default is it will discharge at 500ma.
  7. Once it starts the discharge, you can press the 'Display button, it will go through the discharge rate, voltage, and then one screen shows mah, leave it on that display and then you can see the capacity.
Do the same thing for charge after they finish discharging, except change the mode to 'Charge' while still flashing. When they are done charging it will say 'full'. During the discharge you will know they are done when the capacity stops, or you can press the 'Display' button until it switches to current (ma), it will no longer read 500ma, it will read zero when done discharging.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
so all my batteries are protected for my lights, what happens if i use non protected? are they the same length?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have non protected ones and they are slightly shorter. I used to have pictures of them but I can take more

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok Dave I did all that and 1 would not discharge and was full after 4 hrs..I will just assume they are good to go as I have no clue.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Wait, what?

So you did a discharge? What did they read for capacity? Then you did a charge, what did they read for capacity?

I can tell you, should have taken all day if they had much capacity.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
after 4 hrs one had not discharged at all the other was confusing...

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
What's confusing?

Once it is discharging, hit the 'display' button until it gets to mah, which I believe is right after voltage. From there you can see the number go up while discharging because it is showing the capacity that was in the battery.

Same when you charge, cycle through using the display button to see what the mah is showing as it is charging.

I've never seen a battery not discharge, what did it show?