18650 Batteries

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will test all I have and let you know. All I know is function at this point and that is good.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Great find on the battery charger, I am going to order the 3400 model.

When a battery gets used a few hours and does the job you assume it's good but you never really know when it's going to be needed for longer periods, will it last?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah mine do very well and if not I carry spares, all my lights use the same battery so it is easy to transfer. I am terrible and have a light fetish I guess and have 4 headlamps, 6 flashlights everytime I go hunting that are on me or in the truck along w 6-7 spare batteries. I hate to be in the dark when I want light!

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Yeah mine do very well and if not I carry spares, all my lights use the same battery so it is easy to transfer. I am terrible and have a light fetish I guess and have 4 headlamps, 6 flashlights everytime I go hunting that are on me or in the truck along w 6-7 spare batteries. I hate to be in the dark when I want light!

Same here, can't pass on a good led light. Been using 18650 for over 4yrs I like the amount of power per cell. Have headlights and flashlight, IR, white, and power banks to charge my thermals out in the field as well , custom cables to get what I want done.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the over so called 2000 lumen headlamps I love them and so many colored lights for hunting and others for tracking. The headlamps on low is like a room light on when I am butchering out an animal. I use these neat red and green lights for hunting, so when walking back to the truck messing around I will turn on a white and there is a hog in my sights and boom DRT...so why am I using colored lights??? lol

I first bought an Elusive Wildlife XL250 for like $149. Took a gamble on an ebay light for $25 and I will be damned it was the same light from china, I was hooked and never stopped buying till I just had too many and started giving them away!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea, if you buy a certain amount directly from China, they'll even make your own personalized lights like Elusive.

I got tons of lights, even the Olight SR90, single led, long lens, special batteries, longest throwing light I have.

I use almost only zoom lights, including headlights. I run the dual 18650 headlight with zoom lens. Love those lights. Great for walking with a wide beam, zoom in and can see a long ways.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've been into 18650 for a coupe years now too. What headlamp do y'all use that will use those batteries.

Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the Olight SR90 is too expensive for me, but mine are pretty long throw, well same as Elusive wildlife

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Can you tell me how large diameter that flashlight handle is?

Thanks

large lol

original.jpg

157810996.jpg

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
the unit is its own self contained battery pack on the bottom, twist on, has lights on the bottom to say how much charge there is

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That thing is mammoth! good grief!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've got a couple without zoom, never use them, when I can have a super wide beam and a spotlight in one unit and anything inbetween, no reason why I would have one without

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I almost never use the zoom and the only light I had go bad was one w the zoom feature, I have both but prefer the fixed lenses, less choices.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
yea I suppose it the beam pattern is good and it works for your situation, then good to go

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are gonna put an eye out with those things kid