Drones, not just for .gov surveillance anymore

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or $3000 doing this and having to explain to your wife why the blender was coming right at her.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mike the deal is for today, give me a thought on my post above yours at Yugster

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mike the deal is for today, give me a thought on my post above yours at Yugster

Price is decent for what it is. It'll make a good basher around the backyard. Ones that size can be flown inside, but they do better with a bit more space.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the camera and viewer all in the same price as the Ladybug for a starter to practice with and learn..Thanks

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or $3000 doing this and having to explain to your wife why the blender was coming right at her.

That is funny. The guy was so calm "at least we got that on video"

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just saw an ad on craigslist, a guy was looking for his drone. Said he took flight from his place in Austin with his new drone and a new GoPro and it just kept going and never came back. haha That would not be good.

LOL... that would suck. Be quick with your shotgun and blow it out of the air. LOL

That kind of thing happens a lot. 99% of the time it's user error.

The returned home and position hold settings that units that use GPS allow work well. However if they are not set up correctly then return to China is just as likely as return where you want it to return to.

That's why I always recommend a cheap little ones like the ladybird for people to learn to fly and handle the controls before putting something larger in the air that can hurt them or fly away with more money.

Yeah... kind of why I'm looking at one with the return home feature. And, understanding the need to reprogram the GPS spot of WHERE to return home is GOOD. LOL That's why I like to try and bone up on some basics beforehand... learning what some of the pitfalls are as you learn.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the camera and viewer all in the same price as the Ladybug for a starter to practice with and learn..Thanks

That one does not have a live video feed. Its a bit deceiving, the screen on the remote shows information about the transmitter settings, not video. The recorder on the quad records low res video you can download to your computer.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... that would suck. Be quick with your shotgun and blow it out of the air. LOL

Yeah... kind of why I'm looking at one with the return home feature. And, understanding the need to reprogram the GPS spot of WHERE to return home is GOOD. LOL That's why I like to try and bone up on some basics beforehand... learning what some of the pitfalls are as you learn.
GPS Home would be good. I have a friend who catches pigeons and sells them at the flea market. He says many of them come back to his place, he catches them again and sells them at the flea market again. Maybe these are programmed to all return back to China at some point.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't wait for Amazon.com to start their drone delivery service. We'll all be out back skeet shooting for prizes......
And, "Uncle Joe" DID say it's OK to go out on your back porch and blast a couple of shotgun blasts into the air. Sounds like a daily bag limit of 02 ea. packages per household?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That one does not have a live video feed. Its a bit deceiving, the screen on the remote shows information about the transmitter settings, not video. The recorder on the quad records low res video you can download to your computer.

Ahhh, see I did not know that...I guess it will act like a good trainer though? I like the blade protectors too.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, "Uncle Joe" DID say it's OK to go out on your back porch and blast a couple of shotgun blasts into the air. Sounds like a daily bag limit of 02 ea. packages per household?

You just never know if you'll get a box of diapers, or a new computer.....

Ahhh, see I did not know that...I guess it will act like a good trainer though? I like the blade protectors too.

Agreed. They are a little deceiving in their description.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, may try it then, but then again, I might check and see what walmart has first locally

Last edited:

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, may try it then, but then again, I might check and see what walmart has first locally
They probably won't. Even if they have one that looks similar, it's likely to have an inferior flight controller (brain).

Amazon carries them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, almost out of my impulse buying mode now...slow the roll!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, almost out of my impulse buying mode now...slow the roll!
No yer not... you're on your next ATN X-Site mission to see how little you can spend so you can cry (for pages) about how lousy the thing's working. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big difference from $600 to $60 purchase..but for a trainer as OSO suggested that is about right.