Zeus Firmware Update Comparison

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job guys! That up here in Wichita, Alex? Update looks dramatically better for sure.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks Keaton. It was close to Wichita Falls.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I understand this update in firmware it is for the pro model not the standard model correct? To update my Zeus 3 640 72 mm I think takes a new engine which I saw was big bucks.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If I understand this update in firmware it is for the pro model not the standard model correct? To update my Zeus 3 640 72 mm I think takes a new engine which I saw was big bucks.

This update is for the standard line as long as it has the right version of the tau 2 core. Call Armasight. They can tell you what the update will entail based on the serial number of you scope.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This update is for the standard line as long as it has the right version of the tau 2 core. Call Armasight. They can tell you what the update will entail based on the serial number of you scope.
Thanks Alex for the great info.

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Who do you guys talk to on the phone, specifically?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Who do you guys talk to on the phone, specifically?

I've dealt with a couple of people through the customer service option when calling. Ragine and Andrew have been helpful.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Andrew is O-K in mu book also. Got mine back and can notice a difference. Waiting to go to the range to re-zero on the daughter's pig shooter! BANG BANG!!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I overcame separation anxiety and emailed Armasight for an RMA about 6:00pm Thur Mar 3. Andrew responded with an RMA 15 min later. Unit shipped out Mon Mar 7 via FedEx 3day & arrived Thurs Mar 10. Received shipping notice from Armasight later that day (same day turnaround for update). Received unit via FedEx Tues Mar 15.

Re-sighted at ranch late that afternoon (reticle adj were at 0,0 after update) killed some time checking cattle until dark-thirty, and then did same with these two from approx 80 & 160 yds. Definite improvement in picture quality & no washout. Wasn't really complaining before, but this is much better and Armasight made the process as painless as possible.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 12

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fannin, looks great I bet, you wasted no time checking it out.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good pair of hogs there. Congrats on renewing the affair. LOL

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used this reticle before update... Don't have it anymore. Anyone else missing some reticles? Andrew said they should all be there. image.png

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used this reticle before update... Don't have it anymore. Anyone else missing some reticles? Andrew said they should all be there. View attachment 3192

I don't remember having that one before the update, and I'm pretty sure I don't have it now. But my model also doesn't give the compass degree readout in the upper corner like the pic you posted, so not sure we have the same unit.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah that reticle is on the pros. If they get rid of that reticle I'm gonna be upset.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used this reticle before update... Don't have it anymore. Anyone else missing some reticles? Andrew said they should all be there. View attachment 3192
On this reticle (the mildot) do they have it set up so you can judge distance with it, or is it just a mil dot looking reticle? Thanks in advance. BANG BANG!!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On this reticle (the mildot) do they have it set up so you can judge distance with it, or is it just a mil dot looking reticle? Thanks in advance. BANG BANG!!
Not sure if it's true mil dot, but I used it to dope my scope out to 500 yds and worked well.