Staying Mobile is the Key

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nobody has a switch grass lobby

too many hands out along the 'food chain' of subsidies. it does not require intensive cultivation like corn so not as many tractors wearing out

I assume you meant "Do not understand why they do not use switch grass more sugar content and does not effect corn market."
That is correct much more viable

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My company is in retail gasoline. We used to buy ethanol and blend till majors started blending. I do understand ethanol is big business but better ways to do it. Corn is almost a wash with how much energy it take to make ethanol. It is about the government propping up the corn farmers.

PS sorry to get off thread. And. I am now off my soap box.

OdDuMet

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been hunting out of my Superduty diesel. I've been really surprised how little it bothers the pigs and deer. I go slow using parking lights for illumination if it really dark and stop every now and then and scan with thermal. It's shocking to me how many times I've seen pigs or deer 100yds or less yds away when I stop and look. If i'm about to crest a hill in a good area, I park. and walk to the top. I will often find pigs and or deer 50-75 yds away from where the truck is parked still idling.

It is a less than ideal setup for sure, but it makes me think super quiet motor may be overrated, at least where I hunt. I'm not sure that you can truly drive quietly enough for them not to hear you at all. The tires on the road or grass still makes a good bit of noise. Sneaky unusual sounds seen to scare them worse than blatant familiar one.