PVS-14 Dying: Video of a dying tube

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh Man, I am sorry, I thought you still had it. I would call their local police and see if they were still there?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I finally tracked them down. The person I was dealing with is no longer at ITT. They gave me a guys voice mail and I left him a message on Thursday. I also sent them an e-mail to the new link I found buried on the web site. I received an e-mail on Friday that my unit had been evaluated, repaired and was being shipped that day. It did not say in the e-mail what the problem was. I hope it's fixed right this time.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey good news, at least you are getting it back!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got my unit back today. The repair order stated the tube retainer was loose. I did not know what that is. I had an idea, but I wanted to speak with someone about it and what caused it. So I called up Jason at Ident. I've never called there before and identified myself as a LSB member. We talked for over an hour on the phone and he was very helpful. I learned more in that conversation about a PVS14 then I knew before. He had me look at the unit and it appears they did some other work not mentioned on the invoice. And he explained to me in detail what causes the problem. The tube I have now doesn't have the little black spots at the edge. Don't know if it's a new tube or they cleaned it. He offered to take a look at it if it ever happens again. He even offered to look at my data sheet and tell me what recoil it is rated for.

I think I made a new friend. Thank you very much Jason for taking the time out of your day to speak with me. I have never been a customer of yours, but you made me feel like I have been buying from you for years. That's customer service my friends!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is OUR Ident, I feel like they are Family!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well bad news. BRD brought his unit over and we went out to test them. Every time I go to adjust the gain the unit shuts down. Looks like another trip back to ITT. I told them it was doing this. It's at a certain point in the adjustment. I think the rheostat is bad, but they did not listen to me. I'm not happy happy happy!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I called Jason at Ident and told him about the problem. He asked me to send the unit in. I did and he had it evaluated and repaired in no time. I received the unit back and upon initial testing it seems to be fixed. Thanks Jason and Ident.

BTW Since they were so nice to me I bought a Luna IR illuminator and a 3x magnifier from them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So nice to have vendors like that, congrats on your working unit

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So what do you think ITT did with it hold it a few days then return it without changing anything?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It looks like they changed out the body, but did not check the contact points on the tube. It took him about five minutes I think to fix it. Him explaining to me what the problem was took longer than the repair. LOL

I'll have to ask him what ITT stands for.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Took it out last night and it ran like it should. No shots through it yet, but it is a lot cleaner than the unit I've been using. See if I can't put some pork down this weekend with it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good for you, I am sooo glad you got it worked out!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got to put it to use last night. I killed a 200+ boar with it on my 223 and I had no problems.

Thank you Ident

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Got to put it to use last night. I killed a 200+ boar with it on my 223 and I had no problems.

Thank you Ident
I'm glad you went with Ident on this one, there is no body better in the industry to deal with. Even though I'm technically a competitor, Jason still always makes time to help me out with all sorts of things. That really speaks about his character to me!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, he is a character!