Lights and such to hunt at night

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
Frank, I'm going to send you a rechargeable IR light unit that you will be able to set approx 30' from the feeder and get plenty of light for the night unit I'm sending. You will set it up several hours before the hunt, switch it 'on' and leave it. The photocell will turn the light on at dusk. The charge should last 6 to 8 hrs. One thing we have found to be useful is to dig a shallow hole and place corn and attractant of some kind inside it, then cover with dirt. When a large hog shows up, you can wait for him/her to settle in and get on their knees to get down into the hole. At that point the hog is stationary and you can literally zoom your scope in and put a round directly in the ear if you want. It's pretty cool. The units we usually test with don't have a DVR installed or operating at the time. However, I'm confident you will be able to get some great video. We are testing with video on now. I'm still working on dialing in the audio (small mic) and will include that if possible.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are the man and the technical guru, I am sure I will call to make sure I get it all set up right.

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
QUOTE="FrankT, post: 84746, member: 34"]you are the man and the technical guru, I am sure I will call to make sure I get it all set up right.[/QUOTE]

I'm still getting the instructions with pics put together, you won't have any trouble. All of it is designed to be very user friendly. You will want to be able to set your gun in a support of some kind while you are watching and waiting so start thinking about that. Nothing worse than having to hold a gun up to look thru the eyepiece for hours, right? My hunting buddy has a Pulsar and he took it off his AR10 and is now waiting for one of my units.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a digital night vision spotter just for that, also have 4 tripods

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
damn for that price I will keep my $20 or less one, they easily reach 250+yds

LSB Active Member
damn for that price I will keep my $20 or less one, they easily reach 250+yds
Ok taht is what I wanted to know! Mine just sucks compared to what I used last night and I'd put it at a 250 yard light.....will go with that one you sent me. Thanks!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you have not lost anything should you not feel it is good enough and you will not need it when you get a scope except for walking around