Lights and such to hunt at night

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, some of us cannot afford night vision and still want to hunt at night so here are some options, I will recheck my links before I post. All my lights use the 18650 rechargeable batteries, either the 3000 or 5000 MaH rated. Some of the vendors are in China, so you are buying direct using Pay pal...listed are only vendors I have used and been pleased with and got my gear.

Elusive Wildlife Weapons Kill lights are really nice My Clone is the very same light they buy for much cheaper.

http://www.lightmalls.com/uniquefire-hs-802-cree-green-light-long-range-led-flashlight-1-18650

Please note you can buy the different color emitters here too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next:
These are about $10 each are about 240 lumens and are good for spotting, bows and just really light weight needs
or pick the one you want for a white flashlight
check ebay for the 120-140-240 lumen green/red LED lights or look here for them and great flashlights
http://www.lightmalls.com/18650-flashlight
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Headlamps, I love a great head lamp, these are 1700 lumen and one zooms the other does not they light up the night, great for tracking or processing, have a hi, low, flashing
Non-Zoom:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800Lm-CREE...263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3d3a3c6f
zoom:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800Lm-Zoom...314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cea414fa

I also use a solar motion light at my feeder locations and basically I can shoot w no weapon mounted kill light at 50-60 yds. Since they come on a off all the time it acclimates hogs to lights coming on. These are placed 30-60' from my feeders facing away from where I am shooting from.

This is the cheapest good one I use and some have been in the field 2 years and are still working
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052SF0LO/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A brighter one but of course costs more:
http://www.amazon.com/Innovations-4...d-Floodlight/dp/B001U27N84/ref=pd_sim_auto_13

I have and use all the above listed products so if you need more detail write or call and I will pass on any info and experience I have.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use a Nebo 320 lumen. Had to color the lens with a green Sharpie, but works great.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I colored my lenses at first but there is a huge difference when using a colored cree LED. But hey whatever works and I pay $30 and not $3000, not the same thing but what I can afford. FYI...The Elusive Wildlife and clone are about 700 lumens...

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I paid 35.00 and thought that was a bit expensive. lol.
The problem I have found with the high Lumen lights is the fact that if they shine on anything previous to your intended target, you get so much reflection you can't see past the first tree, or brush pile etc... Good for open fields which I seldom have.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, that is the case w lights. What I have also done when that is a problem is mount a light on a tree without the clutter between it and the feed station. I run wire back to the blind with a rechargeable battery and either turn on and leave on or turn on when I want to see better. I have a setup in each blind setup like that to use when needed, they are cheap also.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just ordered another light from Hong Kong. 2000L,with two batts and charger.........<$15. delivered.

NO......if I used my light to save my life(mil or LEO)I would buy a Surefire,etc. However for $15..........I'll buy from China every time. I get my CR123's for my thermal from there also for between $.85 and $1.05 each depending on how many you buy at a time. Check the prices of the of the batts with the polular names. Would be willing to bet they come from China also.

When is America gonna wise up. Jeeeeeeeze !!! --- pruhdlr

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have ordered a few lights and batteries from china and Hong Kong, the cr123 batteries I got from energizer lasted easily 4 times as long and when I bought a 50 pack I only paid $0.95 each for them. The only thing I have ever bought that worked well for a cheap light was a big flashlight that is super bright. Problem is the batteries don't last long on it. A long night of hiking or hunting and the batteries won't last

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been doing this for 4 years now and have learned to use the 18650 batteries for my lights, the standard battery is the 2400 MaH and has a shorter run time than the 3000 and 5000 MaH, no matter what the real rating is they work better and because they are lithium they hold the charge over an extended time before use. Also by using the same batteries in all lights I can change out dead or dying batteries for live ones.

The other thing I have found and has been admitted to by Companies like Surefire and proven with the Elusive Wildlife lights is they get their parts from China to build their lights. They are the same tough lights I buy from China, same bodies, same orings, same emitters, as the factories are all over there now anyway. You as a LEO want to beat over the head someone with your flashlight, it is the same no matter where you buy it.

Bottom line is, as an example, you can pay $200 for a complete EW unit or $70 for a China made and it IS the same light and quality. I am the first to buy American but in this case the Companies are over charging for the same thing as the parts come from China to begin with and I am not going to be taken to the cleaners for an American name on a China product and pay 4 times or more for it ! Flashlights are just one example, when they start making Thermal and NVD over there and the American companies start sourcing from them, the same thing will happen to their prices...it happens industry after industry.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My friend works in the ports at Oakland, Ca. loading and unloading ships. He says 85% of all ships coming in are filled with goods from China. Also, sadly, 85% of all the ships going out are empty and also going back to China.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, in some ways we have sold our Soul, in other ways technology is getting cheaper...what do you do?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am "in the same boat" as Frank in his above post #8. I use the same light,batts,chargers,etc. I initially bought from EWT. My lights from this "American" company were severely overpriced. I sold one and still have one. It is the one with a white LED and a deep cone/reflector. It puts out more than their green led does. When I talked to the owner of the company(about two years ago now)he stated that his white light was "crazy bright". It puts out about 1200L. His light,two batts(2400mAH),and a two battery charger was.........$125.00. As stated above,a 2000L light,two batts,and a charger was <$15 DELIVERED ..... from China.

NOW......I use ONLY the 3000 or 5000mAH batts. Most all my lights (including my headlamp)uses these(18650's)and a 5000mAH batt lasts a very long time. I alway carry 4 spares. My firm belief is that in the woods,especially tracking a blood trail,you CANNOT have too much light. I always carry my 4800L light in my backpack.

Pay the American unions to produce lights and batts at 10X the price of some company in China....?....NOT NO....but HELL NO. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The sadder part is the American Unions are not even getting a bite at the apple. The US companies are buying the same lights as I am from China and marking them up because of a US name stamped on the China Light.

I have inspected the US lights and the China lights and everything is the same, the body, the orings, the LED's, even the batteries are the same. Even when a discounter(yugster, woot, others) has some of these lights to sell it is more than I have to pay on Ebay from China. I have used 20 vendors from there, they live and breathe their Ebay ratings, you give them a bad one and they are on the phone or email to you ASAP and do whatever they have to to get you to change a bad rating. I have only had one, bad deal, that is how I know, I got a refund and a free light to change my rating.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had a handguard from china off eBay and got a run around for weeks until I did a complaint with eBay and they forced the seller to refund my money. I guess I get all the bad stuff because I'm constantly leaving bad reviews on eBay for junk stuff that breaks before it ever leaves the house

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do not recommend buying other things from China, gun parts are questionable at best. I just have personal knowledge of the lights.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lights are what I have returned as well but this handguard was horrible. I ordered too fast to see it was a china handguard. When I got it the barrel nut wouldn't even come close to tightening down. It was horrible having to go back and forth with them for a month. I told them and showed them the problem and they didn't understand it at all. After eBay forced a refund I threw the whole thing away. Left negative feedback and never heard another word

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
Frank I have a question about the emitters from Lightmalls. Do you know if the green emitters are as bright as the ones that come with the flashlight? I have clone of that same light from Brinkmann Corp, but it's a white light and I am wanting to buy a green emitter for it.

Thanks
Arnold

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No colored emitter is as bright as the white light, the reason the throw is so good in these lights is the deep cone of the reflector. The green and red are as bright as the elusive wildlife colors but cannot be as bright as a white...

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
Wasn't sure if I could get away with just buying the green emitter or if I needed to buy the green flashlight package from Lightmalls.
Thanks Frank

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it depends on your light, if it is an EW or has the deep reflector them you can and it will work fine. I bought the light and all the emitters...IF yours is designed for a long trow now I am sure you can just get the green emitter.

Big P.

Ok i bought a light now i need an 18650 battery. Where is the best place to buy from and should it be a rechargeable? i dont mind buying local if there is a place that has them such as batteries plus. Also is a 18650 the same as cr123? first light of this kind. thanks