Let's see em! Hog rifles...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What da hell is 'dat gray furry thing back by the stock?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why would you even notice that?
Too many hours looking at snow, searching for white fur? LOL What's funny is, having to report back to a co-worker that the polar bear he spotted was an Arctic Fox.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It actually happens more often than one might think. An all-white scene (snowing heavily) can mess with one's depth perception. I probably get about 3 reports/yr. of similar outcomes. LOL Sometimes it's new guys, other times it's people that've been up there for more than a decade.

Scott68

IMG_20130810_094438_205_zps0c55deea.jpg

18" *** 6.8spc
Troy HG
Aero Precision Lower
ACS-L stock
PRI adjustable gas block
Leupold VX3 3-9
What charging handle is that? Is that an ACS or acs-l stock?

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
PRI Gas Buster and an ACS-L. That beard grabber might have to go though, been thinking about changing it out for a ACE rifle length skeleton stock.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
PRI Gas Buster and an ACS-L. That beard grabber might have to go though, been thinking about changing it out for a ACE rifle length skeleton stock.
Could always opt for an MOE Rifle stock too... whisker friendly.

ColtAPC001_zps47a9bab4.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys are all insane.lol I have never seen guns like that. I was minding my own business spray painting an old Winchester 20 gauge thinking I was pretty cool until I took a break and looked here...... I feel insecure. HaHa

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't own any cool stuff just a 45-70 thumper. And my old reliable 270 that is responsible for a good deal of carnage over the years, mostly elk and deer and speed goats.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 4

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't own any cool stuff just a 45-70 thumper. And my old reliable 270 that is responsible for a good deal of carnage over the years, mostly elk and deer and speed goats.
Yep, DO love my Guide Gun !!! Need to pop its cherry though. Found it NIB in Kodiak, AK last January. It's a JM stamped barreled TRUE Marlin too. Got some upgrade parts for it from Wild West Guns (while passing through Anchorage on one of my trips). Still need to fit/mount 'em up. Also ordered up a GALCO leather butt cuff that I need to install too.

GuideGun001_zps262d5a6d.jpg

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Could always opt for an MOE Rifle stock too... whisker friendly.

ColtAPC001_zps47a9bab4.jpg
I was thinkin about one of those, need to find one in a LGS and get some finger prints on it. I have seen a couple of the ACE stocks and liked them.
What do you think of yours compaired to the A2?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was thinkin about one of those, need to find one in a LGS and get some finger prints on it. I have seen a couple of the ACE stocks and liked them.
What do you think of yours compaired to the A2?
I like the MOE better than the A2 that was on it. More choices in where to mount the sling. Plenty solid. LOP seems to be about the same.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very cool. I have an elcheapo A2 on my 223 and was going to swap it out with a MOE, I likes rubber butt pads and don't like elcheapo plastic checkering that cuts my shoulder and t-shirt up. Seems like I never get done sanding sharp edges on it.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
MOE's butt pad is ribbed, feels like a harder rubber... and the butt pad hinges to one side to reveal a storage compartment.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That sounds comfy. Just picked up an old shotgun today for dove season this weekend. Was missing the butt pad so I grabbed a piece of mesquite from my cooking pile and cut a chunk off, sanded it down and screwed it on. We will see how that goes. Maybe done huntin' by noon.